• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Trophy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 1 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With the way the pitches have been in this tournament it could really go either way. Writing England or New Zealand off would be foolish, if not understandable.[/b]

well not foolish with England who are currently 117-6 after winning the toss on what appears to be a batting friendly wicket, well that was the thought prior to the match. England would be doing well to get anything over 200 at this rate.

that's some recovery from England to get from 113-6 to 257 all out. Still shouldn't be enough but at least it's a defensible total.

9 wicket win in the end for Australia, Watson giving Collingwood some serious treatment at the end with a barage of sixes. World record second wicket partnership as well between Ponting and Watson and Ponting goes past 12000 ODI runs.

New Zealand in trouble already with a shocking list of injuries, we didn't need Ian Chappell making a monkey (oops sorry Aussies) of himself though. Can we get that patchwork quilt of a playing surface we had last time? Styris has been flown in to cover, would actually pick him and place him at fifth on the batting line-up. Can Dan "the man" do it one more time for the Kiwis or will Pakistan once again cook our goose?

Posted too soon, thought the game was tonight, Kiwis gain a five wicket victory and storm into the finals to play the under arm bowling Aussies. Take that Ian Chappell ya big girl.

How sweet would a victory over Australia be? Can't see it happening, but then again I couldn't see NZ making the semi-final let alone the final, so there you go.

On a sidenote, how can you lose all respect for the Blackcaps on the action of one member of the team? The fact that Vettori called him back, which I believe was after a team discussion, shows that the Blackcaps as a whole don't deserve to be judged by the actions of one player. If you want to lose respect for anyone, let it be Brendon McCullum. But then again, it's not like this is the first time he's got a player out in such a manner.

If by chance, you were just fishing, ignore the above.

never discount the black caps in the one dayers, they are a formidable side and if Australia go into the final thinking they have it in the bag then they deserve to lose. test matches on the other hand are where the black caps are all sorts of fail.

Exactly right, i mean Kangaroo's v Kiwi's World Cup final anyone? Hopefully it will be a close game so it befits a finals game.

I was thinking today that Shane Bond has actually given Australia quite a few problems before, especially in one dayers. If he can do that again then I think we can pull it off.

I'm supporting the Kiwi's on this one. Firstly because it's good for cricket and secondly because I want Oz to lose so badly!

May the spirit of the Kiwis be with the Black Caps today, and may Australia cricket find their own version of Billy Slater.

Neither team announced as yet, the Aussies have their own injury concerns ... pity this doesn't involve their upper and middle orders :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 5 2009, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
May the spirit of the Kiwis be with the Black Caps today, and may Australia cricket find their own version of Billy Slater.[/b]

I nominate Ricky Ponting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Oct 4 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
never discount the black caps in the one dayers, they are a formidable side and if Australia go into the final thinking they have it in the bag then they deserve to lose. test matches on the other hand are where the black caps are all sorts of fail.[/b]

So true. The Black Caps are a very good one day side and very similar to England in the fact that they are good at one format of the game and not the other. I'm sure most Kiwi's will agree that the NZ test team isn't the greatest while the ODI team have made it to the final of a major competition. England on the flipside know that the 5-day game is their strength and ODI isn't.

I would like New Zealand to win so I shall have a Steinlager later (if I can find a bar in Southampton who sells them, Walkabout did but they closed :%#%#: )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Oct 5 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 5 2009, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May the spirit of the Kiwis be with the Black Caps today, and may Australia cricket find their own version of Billy Slater.[/b]

I nominate Ricky Ponting.
[/b][/quote]

Who actually got a ripper early doors and is out already with the Aussies barely in double figures!

*blows that annoying horn that has been around all tournament*

watson with 2 centuries on the trot and cam white with another score!

mccullum caught paine bowled siddle for a duck.. after facing 14 balls!!! that's so not mccullum like

go aussie!

Latest posts