• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Changing controller settings

P

paddyknight

I'm playing rugby 08 on my laptop using a ps2 controller with the adapter thingy, it works fine on pro evo, and you can also change the set up. but with rugby 08, the buttons are in the wrong order, and the right analog stick does nothing.
is there a way of changing the setup? editing it in any way etc?

Yep I'm using a Ps2 Controller via usb too and it took me ages to find a good program to use the proper buttons in the right place.

I use a program called xpadder it lets you configure the keyboard keys to the buttons on any controller it'll take a while still to try get the buttons right but its a trial and error thing but your get it in the end.

I've already got mine setup properly I would send it to you but I don't have access to my cpu until the weekends. But if you're still having trouble I'll try help you out when I can. Good luck and happy gaming :)

yeah thatd be really useful mate :)
also theres an excel file in the program files which has all the setups, and says 'ps2 controller but really wierd config'! ..strange!

does right analogue work with this?

Yep right analogue can be used but not like on ps2 version but still alright anyway this is my setup on my controller.

left analogue=directional buttons
L3=left ctrl
right analogue left=left shift & Q
right analogue right=left shift & E
right analogue up=left shift & W
right analogue down= left shift & S
R3=Alt
select=Enter
start=Esc
square=Q
triangle=W
circle=E
X=S
L1=A
R1=D
L2=left shift
R2=space bar

I hope this isn't too confusing but if you've got the xpadder program you should figure it out like I did. Good luck any problems just pm me and I'll try get back to you :)

thats awesome mate, works a treat. only appear to have one 'trick' on right analogue which i think is shoulder charge but its better than what i had.

thank you :D

Cool glad I could help I know how frustrating it is when your controllers all messed up.

The right analogue's not exactly like the Ps2 version but you can tap up to barge, down to fend and left or right to step it should work I've gotten use to it like this now when I play on Ps2 I get all muddled up lol.

Anywayz if you have anymore questions I'm more than glad to help. Happy gaming :) :)

sorry if I can't get back to you straight away leave for work today and dont get back for 5 days so won't be able to get back on cpu til than.

is there any way to get two controller pads to work?, i have them both assigned buttons, from what ive seen me thinks its not possible cause theres only one keyboard select, so two controllers would be fighting over one spot, or is there a way?, cheers.

Yeah, two joypads won't work unless you can change the keyboard configuration with joy2key. That's because although joypad 1 now mimics keypad presses it is still a joypad too and using joypad controls.
The way to do it, not possible in R08, is to have 2 joypads both using different keyboard settings. I've done it for some other games.