• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chappel Hadlee Trophy

90 off the last 10 game on now with oram and cairns smashing it. have some wickets in hand would need oram and cairns to get us close with mcCullum vettori mills to finish it off

edit 58 off 36 oram and mcCullum in. nz still have a chance need one big over or 2 of about 15 runs each to get really close

Kyle Mills you useless prick

Great Game......and what a final over by Mick Lewis....outstanding

2 runs very hard to take. nz should have won that game. maybe franklin should have stayed in. and what a fluke throw by clarke. if he misses nz win easily

WHAT A GAME!!!! AUSTRALIA WIN BY 2 RUNS

great character shown by the Kiwis

what an over by Lewis what a throw by Clarke...great stuff

For the 3rd game on saturday....in come Fleming and Bond
and McMillan and franklin out

Hamish Marshall needs to go too

that was a fluke he wouldn't hit the stumps every time that was dam flukey. but anyway well played aus you put the runs on the board and held your nerve at the end. well played and great game

it was a fluke

you should never lose a game in that situation....6 runs from 6 balls
why did Mills run when he hit it straight to the bowler

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 7 2005, 10:30 PM
that was a fluke he wouldn't hit the stumps every time that was dam flukey.
Do you realise how much the players practice throwing at the stumps?

I only watch the last 5 overs and wow, it had everything. Respect to both teams for putting on a fantastic game to watch. Result is hard to swallow though.

yes I know they practice a lot but to still hit from where he was was pretty dam flukey imo. full credit to aus though they put up a huge target and held their nerve in the end.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 7 2005, 10:46 PM
yes I know they practice a lot but to still hit from where he was was pretty dam flukey imo. full credit to aus though they put up a huge target and held their nerve in the end.
From the angle he had all three stumps to hit. And the fact that he hit them in the pressure cooker situation is a credit to Clarke.

Reminded me of all the Bledisloe games of early 2000.

It wasn't flukey it was the result of a lot of practice and just a damn good all round talent.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Dec 7 2005, 11:03 PM
kiwi cricket is like this post

useless!!!!
Then go back to the league threads???

Jeez they made 320 against Aussie chasing ffs and we're useless? But then again South Auckland aint a cricket stronghold.

Clarke hits the stumps far too many times for it ever to be called a fluke, more like a freak!

Great fightback by the Kiwis. Didn't think they would get to our total although with Cairns, Oram and McCullum I knew they were always in it.

Clarke is a freak in the field, and did well with the bat.
Lewis awesome under pressure.

New Zealand never beat Australia in close ones. Heart breaking stuff for the Black Caps, got to feel for them.

um last year in melbourn chappel haddlees series 1 nz won that one and that was pretty close. I can get revenge on blic if i play it and I have rl 2 to keep me occupied until game 3

yeah great game i thought we lost it for most of the game, i was watching it inbetween playing online rl2
<

great to watch though good to see some fight back in the kiwis. shows we wernt scared of lee int he first game he just had a freak of a game. it happens

clarke has always been a freak in the field

and symonds omfg what an innings one of hte best no doubt about it
<

in the end it was a great game and the better team did win, but at least there was a fight about it
<

Latest posts