• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cheap place to buy games?

R

RC

I've never been an avid video games player and i've never spent that much money on my games. Rarely do i buy a game brand new, i tend to wait a few months and then grab it pre-owned saving a good £15.
But i made an exception to the rule when COD4 came out.
I have not since bought a new game and as i'm sure you can appreicate, although it's a great game and is still fun to play online with the boys, i'm inclined to get a new game.
However i only want 2 games: Gears of War2 and Guitar Hero 3, both of which are very expensive.

So i was hoping that there were some cheap skates on here just like myself that had a good knowledge of where's best to buy games for a cheap price?
I just don't want to go shelling out £70 for GH3 and £35ish on GoW2.
Can anyone help?

Idea 1:

You could buy said games for your "little brother" and they could theoretically be copied/duplicated/burned (for one copy allowed per license) AND after that for some far out reason your "little brother" decides he doesn't want the game anymore so you take it back to where you bought it full price from, recite that story (its true of course) and get your money back. Then you have the ethical dilemma of still having the one copy that is allowed as per the licensing agreements of the game that your little brother once owned. Oh the humanity.

Idea 2: (not an idea, just a very wise saying)
Confucius say: Where there is water TORRENT, there is river. (doesn't make sense, but it does in another way strangely)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 18 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I concur!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Nov 17 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Idea 1:

You could buy said games for your "little brother" and they could theoretically be copied/duplicated/burned (for one copy allowed per license) AND after that for some far out reason your "little brother" decides he doesn't want the game anymore so you take it back to where you bought it full price from, recite that story (its true of course) and get your money back. Then you have the ethical dilemma of still having the one copy that is allowed as per the licensing agreements of the game that your little brother once owned. Oh the humanity.

Confucius say: Where there is water TORRENT, there is river. (doesn't make sense, but it does in another way strangely)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 18 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I concur!
[/b][/quote]

arrrgh, steve concurs, arrgh.

Seriously though, didn't think this forum condoned pirating talk?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 18 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Nov 17 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Idea 1:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 18 2008, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I concur!
[/b][/quote]

arrrgh, steve concurs, arrgh.

Seriously though, didn't think this forum condoned pirating talk?
[/b][/quote]

"Average Joes, are you ready????"

"Yaaaarrrgh"

Actually, not a bad suggestion.
Cardiff's got a couple of pawn shops around, i think i'll take a look tomorrow actually, it's my day off.
And eBay is something that didn't occur to me either...not sure why. LOL.

Cheers guys!

What is a pawn shop? I've never seen one in my life. Is it a second hand shop like Cash Converters

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 19 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually, not a bad suggestion.
Cardiff's got a couple of pawn shops around, i think i'll take a look tomorrow actually, it's my day off.
And eBay is something that didn't occur to me either...not sure why. LOL.

Cheers guys![/b]

The one near the train station and bus station in Cardiff is Ace !!!

I was thinking of putting my GH3 for Xbox 360 up for sale on eBay cheap.

If I do I'll give you a shout.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 9 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Nov 29 2008, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one near the train station and bus station in Cardiff is Ace !!![/b]

Oh man, i'd totally forgotten about that one! I'll check that out tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 29 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This gives me an idea...[/b]

Go on...
[/b][/quote]

Maybe set up a little trading house between members of this forum.............

Latest posts