• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cheatin buggers!!!

S

Saint N Sinner

On world league, I have ACT Brumbies in the Cup final, and everytime there is a lineout, they get the same jump as me, at the same time, and in the ball everytime, unless i spill it on purpose.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Brumbies?

They clearly just have better jumpers than you in the line. Mixing up the length of your throws will probably help as well.

I have, everytime, anywhere they seem to rob it, unless its thrown to the back. and that rarely comes out my side.

And there's the thing, i have to win to get enough points to enter the next season, and i have tried it about 5 times.
<

Simply fix - when you see them jump in the same place as your jumper just don't throw it.

Throw it after they have completed their jump and you still have a better then 50% chance of winning the loose ball...........

And stop telegraphing your throws...

the AI works off button-reading...so don't push the button so early...

there is different timings for throwing and d-pad combining....

mix-up lengths.....if you throw to the back, do it so you catch it!! (lol!) - it is not meant to be a 50/50 throw.

I think the issues sounds like timing and, well.......just go and practice more (scrimmage option - practice menu).

I have no locks in my new WL team - I will stand for losing one or two line-outs MAX....

go front first line-out, then middle, then front for the rest of the match (you want to for yards and backline room go to the front most often obviously)....like was said:

If you're sure they'll get it - don't throw......assuming you can react to this that is! Then when you thow, bend it a bit (a tiny bit) with the right analogue stick so that it angles and bounces towards your backline and you should get it most times.

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 26 2005, 02:33 PM
I think the issues sounds like timing and, well.......just go and practice more (scrimmage option - practice menu).
Is it possible to practice lineouts in pratice mode(scrimmage)? I have to ask as I have the PC version and can't seem to do this?

Originally posted by Quintes+Apr 27 2005, 12:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Apr 27 2005, 12:36 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Apr 26 2005, 02:33 PM

Is it possible to practice lineouts in pratice mode(scrimmage)? I have to ask as I have the PC version and can't seem to do this? [/b]
Oh Holy ****!!

Sorry bro - maybe there isn't....I know you can practice just scrums option...maybe line-outs too?

Otherwise just free-play on quick play game that doesn't matter and just keep kicking out/letting it go out and experiment...

Lots of people can't refine how they play and thus improve (not saying you at all) because they don't try totally left-field things or techniques...Try the opposite of what you are doing and then refine it till your technique is somewhere between that and what you WERE doing.

When throwing get your line-out underway as soon as possible and don't hold the button too long....if they go up too at same place - throw when he looks infront for the catch or wait and angle throw to your backline if you have to hold on.

<

Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 27 2005, 10:54 PM
<
I don't have an option to practice scrums!! Am I being cheated by EA?
Yeah...I'm pretty sure - you can practice goal kicking, free play etc.....

you had a good look....?

Let me know...I'll have a look when I play it again.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Apr 25 2005, 07:17 AM
On world league, I have ACT Brumbies in the Cup final, and everytime there is a lineout, they get the same jump as me, at the same time, and in the ball everytime, unless i spill it on purpose.

Does anyone else have this problem with the Brumbies?
Actually mate I had the same problem when I played the Brumbies on the Lions Tour - not so much that they get the same jumper as me, but the fact I couldn't win any lineouts! My lineout jumpers became completely useless and the ball never went to hand. Most of the time the ball missed everyone and falls on the ground behind the lineout - wierd!

I sometimes go to middle and when playing brumbies (world league, lions, etc.) samo jumps at front - he gets ball.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 28 2005, 07:05 AM
I sometimes go to middle and when playing brumbies (world league, lions, etc.) samo jumps at front - he gets ball.
That's to do with the timing of your throw.

WooHoo won eventually, after 8 attempts!!!!

14 - 6 in the end!!!

Thanx for the tips guys, in the end i just went for the front of the lineout every time but quicker than them, so it worked 6 out of 8 times for me.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Apr 29 2005, 08:29 PM
WooHoo won eventually, after 8 attempts!!!!

14 - 6 in the end!!!

Thanx for the tips guys, in the end i just went for the front of the lineout every time but quicker than them, so it worked 6 out of 8 times for me.
Wow! If only in real life you got EIGHT attempts at a single game...

<

I have a rule that I can replay ONE game a tournament (if over six games)......replaying, as I see it, is cheating.

there are many tips about getting the lineout away quickly etc -I have posted about five at least in the other threads on tips, clues etc......AI button-reading etc etc etc.....shesh!!

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Apr 29 2005, 06:08 AM
get c.jack......never loses, or m.johnson, ben kay....all worth their penny
Jack will steal at least 50% of opponent's throws too.

It wasnt just the lineouts they seem to annoy me with, it was the turnovers in their area which I worked so god damn hard for, and it followed by them kicking it out, But I found a tactic to score a try. when running at the line run slightly diagonally, then pass the ball just as the fly-half is being tacle and so on till you reach the line.

Latest posts