• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cheetahs vs Sharks

M

monkeypigeon

Who'd have thought it. 60 minutes in and Cheetahs are owning Sharks, a large part down to Sharks playing absolute cack.

24 - 6 to the Cheetahs now. I hope they get a bonus 'o' for their after match pints.

Fock me backwards and put me on a hanger. Bonus point to Cheetahs! The 12 fans in the stadium are delighted.

Why stick me in a dress and call me sally, what do we have here. It seems the Sharks achilles' heel are the worst teams in the comp. Unfortunately that won't help come finals time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Apr 12 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I almost choked on my Easter egg[/b]

to be fair, i dont think sharks are that domineering as the crusaders were the past few years. Sharks have looked to me, in honesty, pretty vunerable and even at times, lucky to get away with the win. The games against the blues,chiefs and hurricanes come to mind. Of course they are a team full of talent and have played some of the best rugby this year, and will probably be a finals team for a long time. I'm just annoyed I fell asleep during the game, but 16 hour shifts at work will do that to you :S

...I think you can't just criticise the Sharks. Out of any game I have seen the Cheetahs play this tornement, they have played an average game that lacked energy and enthusiasm, this game however they truly put in 100% and seemed to know exactly what the team was doing. Credit to the Cheetahs!

It's always the same when you have a derby game in SA, the cheetahs by all accounts should have been obliterated, but blame it on pride, or just the fact that these teams know each other better than their foreign rivals, it's always a massive game.

I actually was expecting this to happen, or at least, wasn't in the slightest bit surprised.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ Apr 12 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's always the same when you have a derby game in SA, the cheetahs by all accounts should have been obliterated, but blame it on pride, or just the fact that these teams know each other better than their foreign rivals, it's always a massive game.

I actually was expecting this to happen, or at least, wasn't in the slightest bit surprised.[/b]
I don't know what the odds were but I am guessing you could have made a bit of money pradicting those results. ;)

oh i wouldnt of picked the cheetahs to win lol no way, i just see them dropping off a bit. maybe its because of steyn being at flyhalf, but i dont see that flair in the sharks backline anymore, in the start of the season, they seemed so structured in the attack just like the crusaders, oh well theyll probably come first and win the competition they look like the only decent side (apart from highlanders/chiefs) just get rid of the non neutral refereeing and i will be happy :)

Well that was not expected.. I was expecting a tight game, but not this!

In the end the Cheetahs just looked like they wanted it more. Cliche saying but true. They needed it more as well.
They don't call them the 'high flying Cheetahs' for nothing, they got players with some SERIOUS pace. They were loving the unstructured play by the Sharks. They whole game I was just thinking 'we gotta keep it in the tight and in the set piece', that is where our strengths lie. Credit to the Cheetahs for forcing the Sharks out of their gameplan though, we have been finishing off games well this season in the 2nd half but got caught given away possession too much. Not like we had a clue what to do with our possession anyway... Bring on next week!

Typical Cheetahs!! As soon as the get a whiff of the Chiefs landing they will put there tails between their legs roll over and try to lick the Chiefs balls.

Hell at the end of the day they deserved to beat the Sharks but I want to see at least that much hunger & desire when they play foreign teams!!

Latest posts