• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cheika to be the next Stade Francais head coach

E

elgringoborracho

According to the Stade Français website, Michael Cheika is to be the next head coach of Stade Francais. He will be in charge of recruiting new players and will have pretty much carte blanche on th budget, as Max Guazzini is directing a new consortium of investors in the new Stade project.
After a very disappointing year, and Stade most likely not qualifying for the final stages of the french Top 14, big changes in both names and style of play are to be expected. Never in the professional era had Stade finished below 6th place in the french championship. Of course that has to do with the arrival of new star studded sides Toulon and racing Metro, but the crisis is a bit deeper than that.

As a Paris fan i'm both delighted that such a good coach is coming, and a wee bit scared. What worked in Leinster is not necessarily going to work here in the vieille capitale.

So what do you guys think?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 19 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
According to the Stade Français website, Michael Cheika is to be the next head coach of Stade Francais. He will be in charge of recruiting new players and will have pretty much carte blanche on th budget, as Max Guazzini is directing a new consortium of investors in the new Stade project.
After a very disappointing year, and Stade most likely not qualifying for the final stages of the french Top 14, big changes in both names and style of play are to be expected. Never in the professional era had Stade finished below 6th place in the french championship. Of course that has to do with the arrival of new star studded sides Toulon and racing Metro, but the crisis is a bit deeper than that.

As a Paris fan i'm both delighted that such a good coach is coming, and a wee bit scared. What worked in Leinster is not necessarily going to work here in the vieille capitale.

So what do you guys think?[/b]
Srange as Cheika stated he's leaving Leinster to retun home was what I thought.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 19 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 19 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I guess some good old $$$ have persuaded him otherwise

He's an outstanding coach. He took over as Leinster coach after the Declan Kidney debacle. The result of Kidney's departure after just a year at the helm was Leo Cullen, Shane Jennings, Shane Byrne, Victor Costello, David Holwell and Aidan McCullen all leaving Leinster thus leaving a huge talent deficit.

Cheika hasn't been shy in giving young players a chance and won't be afraid to drop underperforming "star" players - Lionel Beauxis and Brand Hask watch out! He'll probably need a year to bed in so Max Guazzini must be patient. I fully believe that by the end of Cheika's three year tenure, Stade Francais will have won the Heineken Cup for the first time.

Hopefully he won't take Kurt McQuilkin with him. That guy has done wonders for Leinster's defence.

Leinster CEO Mick Dawson:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
"His pro-active nurturing of our up-and-coming talent in our Academy, coupled with the success of his signings in the transfer market, have helped Leinster become a more consistent force in both our domestic competition and in Europe and the province has benefited greatly from his leadership.

"Michael has instilled a culture of consistency, discipline and honesty and I have no doubt that he will bring these key principles to his new role."
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 19 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's an outstanding coach. He took over as Leinster coach after the Declan Kidney debacle. The result of Kidney's departure after just a year at the helm was Leo Cullen, Shane Jennings, Shane Byrne, Victor Costello, David Holwell and Aidan McCullen all leaving Leinster thus leaving a huge talent deficit.

Cheika hasn't been shy in giving young players a chance and won't be afraid to drop underperforming "star" players - Lionel Beauxis and Brand Hask watch out! He'll probably need a year to bed in so Max Guazzini must be patient. I fully believe that by the end of Cheika's three year tenure, Stade Francais will have won the Heineken Cup for the first time.

Hopefully he won't take Kurt McQuilkin with him. That guy has done wonders for Leinster's defence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
"His pro-active nurturing of our up-and-coming talent in our Academy, coupled with the success of his signings in the transfer market, have helped Leinster become a more consistent force in both our domestic competition and in Europe and the province has benefited greatly from his leadership.

"Michael has instilled a culture of consistency, discipline and honesty and I have no doubt that he will bring these key principles to his new role."
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Snoop I agree he's an excellent coach but surely Leinster must be worried.
Like Stade have went back in last few seasons and like I'm sure if possible Cheika will want to bring his own team and McQuilkin surely is on that list and the $$$ is there to pursuade him to follow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 19 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 19 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Like Stade have went back in last few seasons and like I'm sure if possible Cheika will want to bring his own team and McQuilkin surely is on that list and the $$ is there to pursuade him to follow.
[/b][/quote]

Worried? Nah. We're awesome all over the park. At least 5 more years of glory ahead. :p

In all seriousness, I'm so sad about this. Oh Michael why? How could you?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 19 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 19 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 19 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Like Stade have went back in last few seasons and like I'm sure if possible Cheika will want to bring his own team and McQuilkin surely is on that list and the $$ is there to pursuade him to follow.
[/b][/quote]

Worried? Nah. We're awesome all over the park. At least 5 more years of glory ahead. :p

In all seriousness, I'm so sad about this. Oh Michael why? How could you?
[/b][/quote]
Ya we know ye have great players but like great coach's are big part and well to loose Cheika and McQuilkin would be a massive blow.
And wonder will Gibbs be approached after declaring he staying. Like in fairness he was doomed until Cheika gave him the opportunity and well the rest is history B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 19 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 19 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

He has a flat in Paris as well as some family. Lebanese community in France must be one of the largest with USA's outside of Lebanon.

Latest posts