Chiefs Vs Waratahs

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by C A Iversen, Feb 20, 2008.

1. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

I think the Waratahs are going to discover that life on the road isn't as cosy as it is at home. The Chiefs looked like a side that was taking it's time to get into the swing of the new laws last week and were beaten by a side I'm going to refer to as a potential finalist this year.

I can't see this weeks assignment being as tough.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Tough one to call this. The Chiefs looked good in parts against the Blues and with home advantage should have enough to edge this one but I was quite impressed with the Waratahs last weekend and I think they'll create a few scoring chances.

4. nam97

nam97 Guest

Contrary to last weeks results, I still believe the Tahs are rubbish and the Chiefs will get stronger throughout the season, starting with this game.

Them still being rusty and all, Chiefs to win by 12 and under is what I'm tipping.

5. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

chiefs to get up at home

they always seem to make a slow start to the season and finish strong, hopefully they don't take so long this year and make the top 4.. that's a long way away though

6. i think this sums up the game.

does a team winning against a sloppy hurricanes side stand up to a losing cheifs side who didnt play too badly.

this being said - i would back the cheifs. as long as the keep it tight, dont get caught into running rugby, and wear the tahs out, they should have a good shot at it. but if the tahs capatailize on cheifs mistakes they have got a shot. cheifs 12 and under for the win.

7. Maccaweeny

Maccaweeny Guest

Pretty lousy game, Waratahs were lucky to even it up. Sloppy play and a **** kicking game (which McKenzie shrugged off) cost them.

Sivi-etc. didn't ground the ball, and Tuqiri wasn't out of play. Then again the Chiefs had a lot of dodgy decisions go against them (that's typical Marius Jonker) so iin the und they desurved the wun.

8. BLR

BLR Guest

The Tahs losing made my day :p

I wonder if the bookies will change the odds of them making the semi now :D

9. rsea

rsea Guest

I'm tearing my hair out
    Its just so bloody frustrating seeing the stupid kicking mistakes, stupid refereeing and the stupid substitutions

We were lucky to get into the game at the end. Any decent team would've minced us much earlier.

Is our coach the problem?

EDIT: BLR - why the anti tah comments all the time?

10. Maccaweeny

Maccaweeny Guest

I support the tahs merely on the basis that I grew up in NSW, and I support every other Aussie team due to me being an Australian. If more supporters/players/coaches shared the same ideology, rugby in Australia might actually be in an alright state.

Unfortunately, that obviously isn't the case, wonderful stuff.

11. mackka

mackka Guest

The problem is the Herald. Too many people take it too seriously. It's the major source of rugby news on the internet so all of Australia logs on. But it's the SYDNEY morning herald, so yes the Waratahs get alot more attention and alot more praise. If you don't like it, don't read it. We all know Growden is a dick but so what? Like Maccaweeney I always support the Tahs first but back every other aussie side in the other matches they play. Bit of camaraderie from the other states from time to time would be nice. Especially when we're playing the bloody sheep shaggers for christ's sake.

Anyway, I didn't see the match unfortunately. Saw that both Harris and Jacobs scored though. Looks like the centres are actually diong a good job despite the loss of both Turinui and Siale. That's a plus. Now hopefully McKenzie will put a little faith in the backline. The thought of what Beale, Turner and Tuquiri could do behind a pack going forwards is quite exciting.

12. Dani

Dani Guest

I support the tahs merely on the basis that I grew up in NSW, and I support every other Aussie team due to me being an Australian. If more supporters/players/coaches shared the same ideology, rugby in Australia might actually be in an alright state.

Unfortunately, that obviously isn't the case, wonderful stuff.
    [/b][/quote]

Well said. I love watching all the Aussie teams play and don't feel any hate towards them. Though I guess a bit of rivalry is good for the game.

Although I don't think we deserved to win, it would have been nice to have at least held on to the draw.

We are really missing Peter Hewat's goal kicking. Is Beale all we have? Does Turner kick? Something needs to be done there.

13. now, theres nothing i dislike in sport more than someone who doesnt support their team, imo - you have to support your home team, or the team where your from. in auckland, there is a rediculas amound of non auckland supporters. sometimes it feels like auckland is the underdog when it comes to who you support. there is a huge cheifs contingicy here along with the canes. its unbelivable. and these people havent even been to these regions. yes its diffrent if you live in spain or mexico or i dont know, yugoslavia where there is no rugby - but it gets on my nerves anyway.

anyway - back to the game.

cheifs looked lucky to hold on to the game. they wont (and havent) get any luck by taking there foot off the pedal in the latter stages of the game. they didnt hold on to the blues and now the tahs, it doesnt seem to be a fitness thing, more of a giving up when they get a try - or there subs arnt pulling there wait - i dinno but its a real concern - they are semi final contenders but they cant let close games get away from them. the way they are going they are one of those teams who could beat the best come semis, but cant get there because they just didnt win enoguh to get there.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!