• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chris Ashton to return to SL?

B

Bullitt

I had a chat with somebody-who-knows-somebody-who-overheard-somebodys-dog-who-eavesdropped-somebody last night during a fans dinner at Saints, who informed me that Chris Ashton has been told "he'll never cut it at premiership level" so is apparently back up north to the M62 corridor at the end of the season.

Would Wigan welcome him back?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 20 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had a chat with somebody-who-knows-somebody-who-overheard-somebodys-dog-who-eavesdropped-somebody last night during a fans dinner at Saints, who informed me that Chris Ashton has been told "he'll never cut it at premiership level" so is apparently back up north to the M62 corridor at the end of the season.

Would Wigan welcome him back?[/b]

thought I heard "It's a question of when rather than if he breaks into the England team"...?

God knows. For some reason, he's simply stopped backing himself this year when it one-on-one instead choosing to step inside, contact and wait for support. Almost like his running game has been coached out of him.

Bloody shame if so, he's an immense raw talent.

Burnt a few bridges at Wigan especially with the fans.

I'd have him back personally.

Its a shame but he certainly hasnt looked good enough for the Premiership . National 1 is a totally different level and I think too much was made of his try scoring exploits against poor sides.

I'd say Wigan have no room on the cap, but since when has that stopped them?

Latest posts