Chris Robshaw appointed as new Harlequins captain

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Harlequins have appointed Chris Robshaw as captain for the forthcoming season, replacing Will Skinner.
The 24-year old flanker captained England against the New Zealand Maori and Australian Barbarians last month.
Robshaw told the club website: "It is a honour to be part of such a great club, let alone lead it."
Quins director of rugby Conor O'Shea added: "I am sure Chris will be looking for support and advice from Will over the coming season."
<!-- E SF -->He added: "I have no doubt he will captain the side in his own style and, if all players follow Chris's attitude in the way he trains and plays the game, then I am sure we can really move forward as a group.
"He has been with Quins all his career and not only does he have the full respect of the coaches and players at Quins, but he also has that throughout the Aviva Premiership, both on and off the pitch."
O'Shea also praised former captain Skinner, who had captained the side for the previous three years.
"I would like to thank Will for the outstanding captaincy which he has given to Harlequins," he continued. "Skinns will be an integral part of the senior leadership group within the squad."
Robshaw added that he was confident Quins could excel this season.
"There is a wonderful buzz throughout the squad," he said, "and I am really looking forward to kicking off the new season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/harlequins/8844970.stm

Either this signals the beginning of the end for Will Skinner or Robshaw is finally starting to accrue some of the recondition he deserved.

Does Skinner still play at Harlequins? If so, why on earth is Robshaw taking over as captain?

Here's to him becoming a regular international.

Skinner is still a brilliantly effective 7, although his leadership skills do leave something to be desired. I wonder if Fa'savalu may be brought in for a bigger role then just backup and bench warmer.

Latest posts