• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Christmas 2009

S

St Helens RLFC

Well, I finish all my uni work tomorrow, so on with that I go before relaxing. But when I do, IIIIIIIIIIT'S CHRIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAS!

What are you doing?
Where are you going for your dinner? Who with?
What are you getting?

Etc.

Christmas rules, my favourite time of year.

Going home to my parents. Gonna eat lots, remember just how cold a 150 year old farmhouse is, and see friends I haven't seen since summer :) Looks like I'm getting some money this year, gonna get a digital SLR with the money, looking at a Nikon D40 or similar.

Well I'm working until Christmas Eve and the I shal be jumping on a train back to my family in Nailsea, near Bristol. Will be having a buffet-type thing on Christmas Eve with my Grandparents then the traddy Turkey (even though I don't like Turkey) on Christmas Day.

Then I'll get bored with eating and getting drunk :lol:

Christmas 2010? I know I'm nitpicking but still :p

Christmas Eve at my parents (traditionally celebrated more in Spain, or so I'm told) and Christmas at my boyfriend's parents. I'm cooking on Christmas Eve, should be fun, I never tried to prepare turkey in my life. I'll see how that goes.

I've been getting Christmas pressies since mid-November to avoid the stress of not finding someone anything decent at the last minute, bought the last few things today though, and I'm very grateful that my (pseudo) sister-in-law is expecting a baby so I can give her boyfriend a Father's pregnancy book. It says things like 'your little wormchild is now between 7 and 9 mm tall' and 'try to keep a tidy house, since your partner will lose all hope in you if you don't manage to change your messy behaviour'. All nonsense basically, but who cares :p

I've been in a Christmas-y mood for a month or so, I'm glad I can finally play the Christmas playlist on my MP3 without getting strange looks.

I love Christmas! My wife has made sure the house looks like Barbies Dream Christmas Playset! I've been enjoying the advent season at church, looking forward to the more spiritual aspects of Christmas and doing a lot of inner relfection of what I have to be thankful for, and what I can give of myself to others to make this world a better place. You know, that Peace on Earth, Goodwill stuff. :D
My parents will be driving down to Dallas from Oklahoma City to spend the day with us. We'll have the full on Christmas Dinner and a house chuck full of dogs and family. I'm sure we'll do the annual thing that all Americans now do and see a movie the night of christmas...it's when all the blockbusters come out here.
Oh, and I've been doing the cooking now for several years! I love doing the turkey and all the trimmings.
Fun Fact: Benjamin Franklin (American Forefather and part of the Enlightement era Philosophes) wanted the National Animal of America to be the noble Turkey. So, enjoy your All-American bird while you do things we don't do hear, like the crackers and figgy pudding (although my wife makes sure we're stocked up on christmas crackers).

Erm, having a dinner with grandparents on one side, then tea with grandparents on other side.

Presents will consist of: some movies, guitar, amp and an Ipod. Already got the guitar and amp. <3

Why do you know what you're getting already? Where's the fun in that?
I know of one gift, because I bought it. It's more complex than it sounds :p

Christmas Day is traditionally the day they air 'The Sound of Music' on television here, I believe something similar is the case with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the UK?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Dec 17 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love Christmas! My wife has made sure the house looks like Barbies Dream Christmas Playset! I've been enjoying the advent season at church, looking forward to the more spiritual aspects of Christmas and doing a lot of inner relfection of what I have to be thankful for, and what I can give of myself to others to make this world a better place. You know, that Peace on Earth, Goodwill stuff. :D
My parents will be driving down to Dallas from Oklahoma City to spend the day with us. We'll have the full on Christmas Dinner and a house chuck full of dogs and family. I'm sure we'll do the annual thing that all Americans now do and see a movie the night of christmas...it's when all the blockbusters come out here.
Oh, and I've been doing the cooking now for several years! I love doing the turkey and all the trimmings.
Fun Fact: Benjamin Franklin (American Forefather and part of the Enlightement era Philosophes) wanted the National Animal of America to be the noble Turkey. So, enjoy your All-American bird while you do things we don't do hear, like the crackers and figgy pudding (although my wife makes sure we're stocked up on christmas crackers).[/b]
Bah, I have no space in my head for fun facts, got my last exam tomorrow in history of all things. Who really wants to know about the 1932 Eucharistic Congress?

Anyway after that the week is going to be a bit wild. I have plans to go out for the next week and one of my mates' birthday is on the 24th and another on the 26th so a few crazy nights in there. I'll be spending Christmas day itself with the family and get to cook the ham, mightiest of all meats. On Stephen's day we'll be in the Grandparents' house so more food and and presents for Feicy. then back out to the lads to continue on the hecticness.

I'm getting a NetBook if anyone is interested, which I doubt they are.

Oh before I forget, I'll be spending Christmas day watching Living With The Lions, The Irish GS DVD and The Leinster Heineken cup story

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 17 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh before I forget, I'll be spending Christmas day watching Living With The Lions, The Irish GS DVD and The Leinster Heineken cup story[/b]
That, I'm jealous of...
Love the Father Ted pic in your Sig.
Regardless, there is always time for fun facts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 17 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why do you know what you're getting already? Where's the fun in that?
I know of one gift, because I bought it. It's more complex than it sounds :p

Christmas Day is traditionally the day they air 'The Sound of Music' on television here, I believe something similar is the case with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the UK?[/b]
My family asks what I want, and I tell them. I sometimes get unexpected presents also. Unexpected presents are the best kind of presents. \o/

Well I've two young kids 1.5 and 3.5 so Christmas has a whole new meaning for me and my family.

We'll head over to my moms first and do the present thing with the kids. My sister will bring her two over (same ages) so the house will be absolutely manic.

Well stay there till about 2pm then head over to the other grand parents and stay there for the day. Three families come over so so its a massive dinner, kids everywhere.

There will be movies, at least one Leinster DVD (Grandfather, 2 x Son-in-laws, and one grandson are season ticket holders for Leinster), and I fully intend on introducing my Nephew to the wonders of x-box multiplayer driving or fighting games.

As for presents, well its all focused on the kids. Once they are spoiled rotten I dont mind what I get.

Come on Dan Christmas is starting early enough as it is, let's get over this year first!

rugby haha :) well as its black friday - im going to the rugby
over christmas i never do much - just wait patiently for the rugby haha

Christmas involves, as usual:

Monday 21st: A 'tradition' I started last year, I have about 13 of my closest friends round to my house for food munchage and alcohol drinkage. Club night follows. Happy midwinter!

Wednesday 23rd: Annual Christmas Dim Sum. My mum's best friend is Chinese, and every year since before I was born they've gone with workmates to Chinatown to have Dim Sum, which is like Chinese tapas. You get authentic chinese food and Lai Quen has to order it all cos the menu's in Chinese. Awesome day.

24th: We always have my mum's parents round for goose on the 24th - she doesn't get on with her sister so Christmas is done separately! This time it's just my grandma cos Grandad died in April.

25: Up to the West Midlands to my uncles. Ever since my Birmingham grandparents died, we always have Christmas day up with my dad's brother. Awesome day, the male side of my family loves getting ****** and we spend all day drinking whatever bottles we can find in the house that contain alcohol. I remember polishing off a bottle of Sloe Gin a few years ago by doing shots with my cousin's girlfriend. f***ing class.

I'm more excited about seeing the girlfriend I haven't seen in 3 months on Tuesday, due to her being in Paris. :p

Christmas is gonna be the usual; pub on Christmas eve (hopefully not getting as tonked as I did last year), then a quiet family Christmas day followed by a massive family get-together the following day.

Might go to a couple of rugby matches over the holiday period, maybe Neath v Aberavon. Haven't been to an O's match this season due to Uni, but I am NOT going to Turkville on Boxing Day after the 2007 fiasco!

Christmas has broken up for us this year - four babies expected over the next ten days (including one set of twins), so everybody's staying at their own places and talking about breast pumps. Damn you, St Patrick!

Oh, one's already been delivered - 6lb 9oz. I don't know what it is yet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 18 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Christmas has broken up for us this year - four babies expected over the next ten days (including one set of twins), so everybody's staying at their own places and talking about breast pumps. Damn you, St Patrick!

Oh, one's already been delivered - 6lb 9oz. I don't know what it is yet.[/b]

aww congratulations to you all :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Dec 17 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fun Fact: Benjamin Franklin (American Forefather and part of the Enlightement era Philosophes) wanted the National Animal of America to be the noble Turkey. So, enjoy your All-American[/b]

Where do you think Turkeys originate? (clue is in the name)

Latest posts