• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Churchill Cup

A

alexrugby

Hi everyone

And I want to say one thing: I look at Churchill Cup with hope

Hope that Georgia will gain more experience, class, skill and honor

so........ If my team will be invited on another Churchill Cup tournament I will be happy for that

Anyway what do you think about Georgia's perspectives on Churchill Cup this year???????

Moderator Mite says:
That picture is a pain on Dialup
http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/245..._1207590145.jpg

You'd better be prepared Lekso! The Saxons will push Georgia really hard! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 4 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You'd better be prepared Lekso! The Saxons will push Georgia really hard! :D[/b]

Yesss I willll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saxons.jpg

This is probably the only way I could be happy with Scotland A not being involved.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 5 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is probably the only way I could be happy with Scotland A not being involved.[/b]

And why actually??????? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Because Dundeesmiffy is satisfied that a team worthy of glory has taken Scotland A's place... :D

Nope, I was a bit sad to hear Scotland A weren't involved because frankly I think we need to make every effort to develop young players...as opposed to throwing them into a starting position against f***ing France or New Zealand or something and putting extra pressure on him by pretending he's going to come in and save Scottish rugby.

Ach, I'll be backing Los Lelos this year...I don't care who wins the actual cup but if it's Georgia I'll be happy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 8 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nope, I was a bit sad to hear Scotland A weren't involved because frankly I think we need to make every effort to develop young players...as opposed to throwing them into a starting position against f***ing France or New Zealand or something and putting extra pressure on him by pretending he's going to come in and save Scottish rugby.

Ach, I'll be backing Los Lelos this year...I don't care who wins the actual cup but if it's Georgia I'll be happy.[/b]

NO it's not Georgia

Actually I have read our head coach Tim Lane's interview before match against Canada where he said we lack 18 key players on Churchill cup and mostly youngsters (and one kid from U19 Georgia) were taken for gaining the experience

While Canada on their way were gearing up for this game like for a World War III

The results came logical 42-10 loss of Geo

You know I was sad about that, because this time we need win win win win matches

But also on the other way you are right, if these guys put some experience of international plays in their heads, tomorrow they will have knowledge how to play against "murderers"

And this knowledge and experience and demand of win comes only through the way of experiencing against big teams and LOSING the games

if you lose you will develop demand to win

but if you win all the time, you may lose taste of real victory

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 8 2009, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Jun 8 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ach, I'll be backing Los Lelos this year...I don't care who wins the actual cup but if it's Georgia I'll be happy.[/b]

NO it's not Georgia

Actually I have read our head coach Tim Lane's interview before match against Canada where he said we lack 18 key players on Churchill cup and mostly youngsters (and one kid from U19 Georgia) were taken for gaining the experience

While Canada on their way were gearing up for this game like for a World War III

The results came logical 42-10 loss of Geo

You know I was sad about that, because this time we need win win win win matches

But also on the other way you are right, if these guys put some experience of international plays in their heads, tomorrow they will have knowledge how to play against "murderers"

And this knowledge and experience and demand of win comes only through the way of experiencing against big teams and LOSING the games

if you lose you will develop demand to win

but if you win all the time, you may lose taste of real victory

[/b][/quote]

How come Georgia are missing so many people? It cant be just their French Club commitments can it? I heard USA are missing around 15 players too, I don't really understand how there can be so many players missing from the smaller teams? Tod Clever's absence is understandable though, as he played against the Lions last wedneday (which I think it's quite cool, because normally he'd never have had that chance).

French rugby clubs yeah they contribute to the absence of players of Georgian nat. rugby team

As you know most part of Georgia's team players are in French teams

So anytime we play during the season burnout times we lack such many players yes!

I think WWE Superstar, The Undertaker, put it best when he said: "Its hell trying to get to heaven."

The number of "tours from hell" England have had over the years I've lost count but the experience has always served to help build toughness and experience. Those Georgian youngesters now know what to expect now they've played a tough, rough and ready IRB top-15 international side.

I agree with this though, we need to either make it an exclusively reserve-team event or move it to a period where we're not interrupted by the idiotically scheduled French season can't interfere (I mean, any idea of the B&I Lions expanding to France and Italy is impossible because nobody in France would be availible in June anyway!!!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 7 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
French rugby clubs yeah they contribute to the absence of players of Georgian nat. rugby team

As you know most part of Georgia's team players are in French teams

So anytime we play during the season burnout times we lack such many players yes![/b]

Well if it makes you feel any better, the U.S. team hasn't won a game in this tournament in something like 5 years, so you may have a shot in the 5th-place game.

Anyone wants to hear the U.S. Churchill Cup preview (in addition to other stuff), click on this link. http://www.americanrugbynews.com/podcast_p...Podcast_90.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flyin Ryan @ Jun 9 2009, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone wants to hear the U.S. Churchill Cup preview (in addition to other stuff), click on this link. http://www.americanrugbynews.com/podcast_p...Podcast_90.html[/b]

Those guys need to check out some of their facts re: NH clubs. The comment that "the NH clubs make loads of money from the SH national sides touring" couldn't be further from the truth. Otherwise, a decent little audio show.

Yeah er...the SH sides tend to keep as far away from actual clubs as possible when they tour. The number of clubs a SH side played in the 2003 - 2007 four year cycle comes to a collossal: one and that was Ospreys hosting Australia. This current four year cycle has seen..er..one with Munster taking on the All Blacks.

Thats been it. Apart from that, the SH sides tend to run a mile from club confrontations as 1) they neither want nor need the distraction when they want to beat the national sides and 2) they don't want any extra injuries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jun 9 2009, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think WWE Superstar, The Undertaker, put it best when he said: "Its hell trying to get to heaven."

The number of "tours from hell" England have had over the years I've lost count but the experience has always served to help build toughness and experience. Those Georgian youngesters now know what to expect now they've played a tough, rough and ready IRB top-15 international side.

I agree with this though, we need to either make it an exclusively reserve-team event or move it to a period where we're not interrupted by the idiotically scheduled French season can't interfere (I mean, any idea of the B&I Lions expanding to France and Italy is impossible because nobody in France would be availible in June anyway!!!)[/b]

Agree bro

despite my flat words about the "experience" and future "victories" I do really worry about the match lost 42-10

It took years we did not have such a terrible losing score, and it was like a bomb in air for me

And especially when hope appears about the rugby development in my country

But anyway as you say (and agree) these youngsters have probability to evolve

Let them EVOLVE :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Anyone watch the Canada vs Ireland 'A' last night?

First Canada seem to be developing a decent backline. Van der Merwe seems a very strong player on the wing or at centre and looks a good signing for Glasgow.

Munro at outhalf seems a very good player. Pritchard's been moved to the wing and he does lright there but it makes p for this Evans fella (yes another fricken Evans) who seems a very solid fulback under the highball and a confident counterattacker

Pack seems unusually weak for a Canadian one and was destroyed at scrumtime and had a poor lineout.

Was very happy with Ireland 'A'. Boss had a very snappy pass at scrumhalf and I was wondering why he was even starting considering he probably won't be in an Ireland team againa nd of course it's probably because his Ulser teammate Niall O'Connor was outside him. O'Connor's place kicking was poor and his up and under's probably wnt a bit far but his distribution was excellent and he seemed very self assured. Sexton and Keatley are better though.

McFadden was very good in the centre and scored a very nice try. Don't get why he didn't take over kicking duties though.
Mathews wasn't great at 12 but he wasn't dire either. No international potential but a solid Provincial squad player for sure. e'd prbably get on grand at a shitty Guiness Premiership team. Like Downey who's just plain rubbish. - Northampton...you CAN DO BETTER THAN HIM.

Hurley's still **** under the highball. And Ireland are well happy for fullbacks anyway.

Fionn Carr and Murphy both looked excellent on the wings. Strong fast and confident with good defence.

Pack was excellent but I was unimpressed by Young. Buckley was good in open play and good in the scrum appart from one penalty. Sean Cronin was excellent and very accurate and mucj the same for Fogarty when he came on.

Devin Toner was excellent and was given (and deserved) man of the match. Casued havoc in the lineout for Canada and was very assured for Ireland's lineout. Helped that Cronin was spot on with every throw. Donnocha Ryan was very good and abrasive too.

Neil Best as per usual was getting in fights and putting in late tackles. Was very good in the second half. Sean O'Brien looks the natural succeser to Wally. Strong, fast, great leg power and good on the floor.

Chris Henry was a bit quiet at time but also looks a good prospect.

Thought the Irish half-backs we terrible, seemed to make every effort to throw the game away> Can remember Boss kicking out on the full at least 3 times and as for Niall O'Connor, well lets just not go there, awful in every respect. When Sexton came on the game changed, simple as that.

Byran Young... god I dunno why this guy has a pro contract hes shocking. If he plays against Georgia our scrum will be obliterated especially when you consider Tony Buckley is on the other side.

Neil Best seemed to spend his whole time looking for fights. Not what you want to see in one of your senior players. Sure aggression is good, but ffs stop with this hard man act will ye?

I reckon Frank Murphy, Sexton and Cian Healy all need to start next week. Pretty happy with the locks and the backrow, Best aside, but I guess he's not gonna get near the Ireland squad again so ah well. Canada should be pleased enough with their performance thought they were quite dangerous with the ball. They're probably getting going in the right direction again which is good to see.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jun 12 2009, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thought the Irish half-backs we terrible, seemed to make every effort to throw the game away> Can remember Boss kicking out on the full at least 3 times and as for Niall O'Connor, well lets just not go there, awful in every respect. When Sexton came on the game changed, simple as that.

Byran Young... god I dunno why this guy has a pro contract hes shocking. If he plays against Georgia our scrum will be obliterated especially when you consider Tony Buckley is on the other side.

Neil Best seemed to spend his whole time looking for fights. Not what you want to see in one of your senior players. Sure aggression is good, but ffs stop with this hard man act will ye?

I reckon Frank Murphy, Sexton and Cian Healy all need to start next week. Pretty happy with the locks and the backrow, Best aside, but I guess he's not gonna get near the Ireland squad again so ah well. Canada should be pleased enough with their performance thought they were quite dangerous with the ball. They're probably getting going in the right direction again which is good to see.[/b]

Yes, it is nice to see Canada getting back on track rugby wise. It's been a while since a Canadian team showed some real, typical, gritty, in-your-face style is was once know for, making them a no-fun team to play against.
Used to be in the top ten not too long ago and I actually think it's realistic they could jump Italy within 2 years (Optimistic yes!).

A long way to go, but the coaching is top notch, conditioning is improving incredibly, and that's really what has been the downfall of north american rugby nations.
Looking forward to the Canucks vs Argentina at the Churchill Cup, then on to the States for World Cup qualifying - I think Canada will win both games, the first by a large margin, the second closer.

Predictions?

I think Canada rugby is very good for the future

They showed up in numerous matches against grand-teams and I guess their development is not accidental

Canada will leave their own word in Great Rugby I think

I want to remind about Argentina, they were outsiders, they were told not to know how to play and what they do today?

Argentina is invited in TRI NATIONS, Argentina is invited in England and etc...........

I hope Georgia will also walk Argentina's road as we are told: Georgia stands on that road now

I wish such a things (good things ;) ) to every team

Latest posts