• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cipriani considering move to France for more money

M

munross

http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=17478

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Danny Cipriani could be foced to leave London Wasps in England and play in France as no club in England will be able to afford to pay him.

French teams such as Stade Francais and Perpignan are said to be on alert as 21 year old Cipriani's contract with Wasps is coming up for renewal at the end of the season and he wants wage parity with other top England players.

However due to Premier Rugby's salary cap in the Guinness Premiership, he is unlikely to find a club and thus could be forced abroad in his quest for a £350,000 salary.

A close friend of the England fly-half is reported to have told The Sun: "Danny wants to stay but Wasps aren't offering the money he wants."

"The club can't afford the wages some other clubs are paying but all he wants is to be the same as other England players."

"He came through the ranks with James Haskell and Dom Waldouck and is one of the lower earners. But that doesn't reflect his status in England as one of the most promising players in the world."

"He doesn't want to play outside of London in the Premiership but the idea of going to France for a short spell has been mentioned.

"As long as Martin Johnson doesn't mind from an England point of view, it is something he would explore."[/b]

Gheez only 21 and he thinks the sun is shining out of his a$$ <_< ,is he really that good to be demanding a salary increase?

i hope he gets run over while taking his dog for a walk.

HE IS B U L L S H I T.

I might even do the job if someone offered me some cash it would be quick for me and slow and painfull for him, i hate him so much he is **** and wasps can find a better fly half 3/4 of his age.

So you reckon Wasps can find a decent 15 year old to fill in his place steynboi?

Anyway, I read this earlier today and I stopped taking notice when I read the Sun. They always seem to know a "close friend" with every story.
Trust me I'm no fan of his but this story is tabloid rumour filth so far.

I've read a lot on 606 concerning him moving to a different club, and him wanting quite a hefty sum of money from any club who wants him.
That said, wow, he sure has an overinflated opinion of himself if he thinks that his name alone will get him a deal in many European clubs.

I think he's really talented, and he's only off form because the whole Wasps' team is, and if he were to play for a side like Munster for example, he would be immense.
Anyway, after such a turgid Autumn, you'd think it may have knocked him back into reality; that the sun doesn't shine out of his arse (because it, in fact, shines out of Wilko's; get your facts straight you moronic tabloids!) and he has to prove that he's worth that amount of money.

Also steynboi, the guy's off form. That doesn't make him ****. He's the least of Wasps' problems let me tell you, with the coaching setup having other roles to play in the Lions and for Wales, and with an aging squad in general.

He's better than Steynboi is giving him credit for but does any Rugby player warrant that high a salary? There aren't many Doctors earning that much.

Currently, this is tabloid trash. Eddie Jones has played games with the press, first being incredibly hyper in the post-game interview after Wasps vs Saracens about the prospect about getting Wasps players to Saracens. He was dropping heavy hints that guys like Cipriani or Haskell were well on their way, etc, etc.

Now, he's shown up the rather rubbish Rugby press pack by suddenly turning around and saying, "Wasps players in our team? With a reduced salary cap? Naw, would never happen, doesn't make any sense, where did you guys get those rumours from?!" :lol:

That said, if Jones did come into possession of Cipriani, he'd almost immediately shift him to full-back. Eddie Jones has been saying all season that Cipriani right now is better placed to play at 15 than 10 like what happened with Larkham when he was young.

Bottom line, Cipriani probably doesn't want to leave England if it jeapordises his England career but if Saracens won't buy him then no Club can afford to buy him. Nigel Wray would buy a 1960s Soviet Lada with no wheels if the Vodacom Blue Bulls said it was "really good" and put a £1 million price tag on it so if he has cold feet about buying Cipriani then I'm betting most of the GP are too..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 3 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's better than Steynboi is giving him credit for but does any Rugby player warrant that high a salary? There aren't many Doctors earning that much.[/b]
£350,000? His girlfriend earns more than that! Pussy.

Well he can come to France if he wants, but he'd better quit the diva attitude because it will NOT be accepted, especially if he doesn't shine week in week out...

Yeah, because Dan Carter is totally like Hacksaw Jim Duggin.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, according to sources at the Guardian, its actually James Haskell who is being courted by Bath, Saracens and Stade Francais!

If there was one player at Wasps to be singled out as the big girls blouse with the diva attitude, it'd be Haskell.

One can hardly blame Cipriani for trying to get the best deal for himself. I hope both he and Haskell stay at Wasps but it's a short career and I wouldn't slag them off for doing what's best for themselves. Will be sad IMO to see either of them leave these shores though.

The sooner that Haskell f***s off without uncles Dellalglio and Blacket to nurse his ego, the sooner the sooner he may grow up and stop faking injuries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 3 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The sooner that Haskell f***s off without uncles Dellalglio and Blacket to nurse his ego, the sooner the sooner he may grow up and stop faking injuries.[/b]

I'm sure he loves you too ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 3 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Jan 3 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's better than Steynboi is giving him credit for but does any Rugby player warrant that high a salary? There aren't many Doctors earning that much.[/b]
£350,000? His girlfriend earns more than that! Pussy.
[/b][/quote]

Just what is your problem?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 3 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The sooner that Haskell f***s off without uncles Dellalglio and Blacket to nurse his ego, the sooner the sooner he may grow up and stop faking injuries.[/b]

What if he turned up one day in a Saint shirt? He'd go arm in arm with Carlos: Prince of Loafers! :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 3 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 3 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What if he turned up one day in a Saint shirt? He'd go arm in arm with Carlos: Prince of Loafers! :lol:
[/b][/quote]

King Carlos has earned the right to <strike>"Loaf"</strike> play more "relaxed", he is in whole other class then Haskell or Cipriani would ever be.What he has forgoten about rugby they must still learn :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 3 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 3 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

There are 4 certainties in life;

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. James Haskell wil never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever don the Shirt of a propper rugby club like Saints.
4. Carlos Spencer has more class in one foot then the combined abilities of every Saracens wannabe - past, present and future. ;)

Now, STFU.

Latest posts