• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Classic Matches

Sixesandsevens

Academy Player
I really dont understand why these arent more standard in sports games (and Im not talking about the awful RUgby 08 ones with the current teams, current kits playing old games). It was a brilliant feature on both World Championship rugby and the other swordfish game. Especially when World cup is the only available mode, use the licences you have and have the England VS SA RWC final as playable, you have to score in the corner with Cueto to unlock the next one etc. Wales v England 03 etc etc. It would have added alot to the game for me. Opinions?

With you on this one mate ala FIFA South Africa World Cup Game, the classic matches added longevity, they certainly would have been a welcome addition.
A missed opportunity me thinks.

(and Im not talking about the awful RUgby 08 ones with the current teams, current kits playing old games)

My thought on this is you would need additional licenses in order to use older kits/rosters/stadiums in order to make it more authentic.

I agree with you. Would have been cool to have classic matches or scenarios where you can unlock older classic teams from past world cups and also video footage

My thought on this is you would need additional licenses in order to use older kits/rosters/stadiums in order to make it more authentic.

Do you? If you have the license to a nation Im sure you get the license to use all their kits. In world champ rugby there werent official kits or names and to be honest it didnt matter, it was obvious who they were all meant to be and you could change the names if u wanted to. It was still a class feature, was better than 08s offering!

Latest posts