• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(Clean) Rugby Stories

Rowhato

Academy Player
Hi there,

I am a children's (U7) Rugby coach and as well as teaching kids the fundamental skills they need to play I also like to try and inspire them to have a love of the game and feel a connection to the sport their parents generally drag them to each weekend.

I'm reaching out to you to ask whether you could share any real Rugby stories (suitable for 6-7 year olds please) that talk about overcoming adversity, overcoming obstacles, underdog stories etc that have happy endings. These can be about anyone who played the game, no matter the level as long as they hit the key message of overcoming something. The shorter the better as they can be delivered during training sessions.

Massive thanks in advance to anyone that can share!

Hi there,

I am a children's (U7) Rugby coach and as well as teaching kids the fundamental skills they need to play I also like to try and inspire them to have a love of the game and feel a connection to the sport their parents generally drag them to each weekend.

I'm reaching out to you to ask whether you could share any real Rugby stories (suitable for 6-7 year olds please) that talk about overcoming adversity, overcoming obstacles, underdog stories etc that have happy endings. These can be about anyone who played the game, no matter the level as long as they hit the key message of overcoming something. The shorter the better as they can be delivered during training sessions.

Well, If you want them to see inspirational stories about famous players, you should let them watch the many youtube videos about Siya Kolisi who lifted the RWC trophyy last year and how a very poor kid who started playing rugby barefoot and in pyjamas made it all the way to the top.

Or have them watch the movie invictus if your have a multiracial team where the issue of race discrimination might be an issue, and how South Africa did it to inspire a whole nation in 1995.

There are actually a lot of stories to gather from South African players and their journey from nothing/adversity to become world renowned players.

I have a vague memory of reading about a one-armed rugby player, so I googled it and it seems there's a few examples:

I have a vague memory of reading about a one-armed rugby player, so I googled it and it seems there's a few examples:

Back in the day our local rivals had a hooker with one arm that finished at the elbow, I'm guessing through amputation. Played against him a few times, always got stuck in and wasn't a bad player at all. Played a full part in the front row banter and used to get his retaliation in first on the "not properly bound" jibes. He was treated just the same as everyone else and I'm sure enjoyed it all the more because of that.

Hi there,

Simple just tell them about me who played A grade from 2011 - 2015 despite being 5'10 and 64kgs Alternating between Halfback, Wing and Flanker. In one of the toughest club rugby leagues in Australia (Brisbane Competition).

Don't tell them about my dislocated knee and my broken foot though.

best story i have is "clean"...but not a kids story :(

Latest posts