• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Clermont v Munster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 12 2008, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let's put an end to this, it's getting stupid.

To suggest that a guy who's 27 and has maybe 1 season of great club form is better than Cooper and Barnes is ridiculous; they're both young, and have cut it at International level. I know nothing about Beale but tbh that's irrelevant. Brock James is a good fly half, but not world class... with the exception of Evans and now Carter, all the world class 10s play in the Super 14.[/b]

Agreed.

As for Beale - like Cooper, has a lot of potential... but I think Giteau and Barnes have locked down the flyhalf spot for the next 5 years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 12 2008, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How has Craig Gower been playing in France?[/b]

Last season he was Ok, but not great. This year, he's one of the best centre in Top 14 and his team Bayonne is on the top four.

Hope that Mark Gasnier follow the same way.

And apart Beauxis (who has not proved anything at the international level, and I say that as a Stade Français fan) I think that we can say that Michalak is a world class player in a good day. Never liked him but he proved he has what it takes to play in Super 14/Currie Cup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Dec 12 2008, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Let's put an end to this, it's getting stupid.

To suggest that a guy who's 27 and has maybe 1 season of great club form is better than Cooper and Barnes is ridiculous; they're both young, and have cut it at International level. I know nothing about Beale but tbh that's irrelevant. Brock James is a good fly half, but not world class... with the exception of Evans and now Carter, all the world class 10s play in the Super 14.

Bringing Skrela into it.. he's ****. Always has been, I've never understood why he gets picked for good teams. He bottles on his kicking game, misses tackles... he's like the French Hodgson. On that point the only French 10 I really rate is Beauxis; why isn't he playing more often?[/b]

He's injured at the moment, and when fit has been switching between full back and fly half with Hernandez, god way to give his game a more all round edge.

Latest posts