<div align='center'>
Clermont.png
Sale.png

Clermont v Sale
Venue: Stade Marcel Michelin
Date: 11 October 2008
Kickoff - 14:35, Live Canal+/Sky Sports Interactive
</div>

So this is the first meeting between these 2 sides so no previous form between them.

Sale head into this match on the back of 2 defeats so they'll be looking for a big improvement this weekend and they'll certainly need it if they're to challenge Clermont especially if they show the home form of last season.

At a minimum Sale will be looking for a losing bp and denying Clermont a winning one in the process, if it's 5 and 0 then it's already an uphill challenge in this pool of death.

So can Sale cause an upset or will Clermont take the full haul???

A 0-0 draw would be fine with me but I expect Clermont to win and deny Sale a losing BP.

Who's we? Sale :lol:

The same Sale that have only scored 3 tries in 5 games this season? Keep dreaming ;)

I think every team in the group is dreading travelling to Michelin, Thomond and Edgeley though and I wouldn't rule out Montauban at home either. Truly the group of death!

We'll probably see the Clermont that beat the Wasps and Munster at Marcel Michelin last year... so i'd go for a win for them, but with a pool like that, I don't think they'll be satisfied if Sale get the bonus point. Should be the most interesting game of the week with Leicester - Ospreys.

Sale team:

Rory Lamont, Mark Cueto, Luke McAlister, Lee Thomas, David Doherty, Richard Wigglesworth, Dwayne Peel, Lionel Faure, Neil Briggs, Eifion Roberts, Chris Jones, Kristian Ormsby, JM Fernandez Lobbe (Captain), Luke Abrahams, Sebastien Chabal

Replacements: Marc Jones, Stuart Turner, Jason White, Dean Schofield, Charlie Hodgson, Chris Bell, Rudi Keil

Sheridan and Tait ruled out (God no! :rolleyes: )
Also, Wigglesworth is at 10; demoting Hodgson to the bench. Good, now maybe we won't concede a bajillion points.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 10 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sale team:

Rory Lamont, Mark Cueto, Luke McAlister, Lee Thomas, David Doherty, Richard Wigglesworth, Dwayne Peel, Lionel Faure, Neil Briggs, Eifion Roberts, Chris Jones, Kristian Ormsby, JM Fernandez Lobbe (Captain), Luke Abrahams, Sebastien Chabal

Replacements: Marc Jones, Stuart Turner, Jason White, Dean Schofield, Charlie Hodgson, Chris Bell, Rudi Keil

Sheridan and Tait ruled out (God no! :rolleyes: )
Also, Wigglesworth is at 10; demoting Hodgson to the bench. Good, now maybe we won't concede a bajillion points.[/b]

Quick... someone call the police! There's gonna be a murder :D

That's the decisive try for Sale now, cracking result and puts down a huge marker for the Munster match next weekend, can't wait for that one.

That could well prove a crucial try in the outcome of this pool, awesome result for Sale.

Thats a fantastic result. To collect 5 points there and deny Claremont a losing BP is the stuff dreams are made of.

Sale seemed to have stepped up quite a bit.

I would've thought dropping Hodgson would've put them at a disadvantage, but to win the way they did is really quite impressive.

Attack wise dropping Hodgson is a huge disadvantage, but defensively Charlie, bless him, can be a liability.

Saw most of the game, Sale were superb, especially in defense and McAlister (I love the way French Commentators say his name' MaacALIsteeer') was just brilliant. Can definitley see the All Blacks trying to get him back to New Zealand sometime soon. Thought Peel had a decent game (he went off quite early in the second half, anybody know why?) his break for the first try was brilliant!
Considering Munsters performance last night, Sale should fancy their chances in this pool.

Latest posts