• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cohen to Join Sale

I can't stand the arrogant attitude Cohen exudes. With England he benefited from playing with some outstanding players who made him look better than he was. That said, he's a decent signing for Sale. He and Cueto (a player I've a lot of time for) will be a very potent try scoring pair of wingers.

Honestly can't wait to see him get skinned by Paul Diggin when he comes to Franklins Gardens.

Still bitter over that one, Webby? Best of luck to him I say.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 19 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can't stand the arrogant attitude Cohen exudes. With England he benefited from playing with some outstanding players who made him look better than he was. That said, he's a decent signing for Sale. He and Cueto (a player I've a lot of time for) will be a very potent try scoring pair of wingers.[/b]

I'll think you'll find you're wrong. He was rightfully regarded as the worlds best/one of the worlds best during the 2001/2002/2003 period when he literally scored every time he pulled on the shirt, rormally running it in from a long distance and having to beat several defenders on the way - 37 tries in 51 tests is testamont to this.

Probably wouldn't have gone downhill if his dad hadn't been murdered outside his nightclub.

An arrogant twit, but still a touch of class (onfield) in his day.

I like Cohen, regardless of what he has said and done, he aint worse than Gav 'Tango' Henson! Cannot wait to see him play!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 20 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 19 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't stand the arrogant attitude Cohen exudes. With England he benefited from playing with some outstanding players who made him look better than he was. That said, he's a decent signing for Sale. He and Cueto (a player I've a lot of time for) will be a very potent try scoring pair of wingers.[/b]

I'll think you'll find you're wrong. He was rightfully regarded as the worlds best/one of the worlds best during the 2001/2002/2003 period when he literally scored every time he pulled on the shirt, rormally running it in from a long distance and having to beat several defenders on the way - 37 tries in 51 tests is testamont to this.

Probably wouldn't have gone downhill if his dad hadn't been murdered outside his nightclub.

[/b][/quote]
I'm not disputing the fact that he's clearly a good rugby player. The point I was trying to make is that he got so many chances to score due to players like Josh Lewsey, Jason Robinson, Will Greenwood and Jonny Wilkinson (each one were truly outstanding early this decade) supplying him with so much quality ball.

Pfft. Lobbe, McAlister, Chabal, Faure, Lamont and possibly Peel out.
Cohen in.

Fecking rad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 20 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 20 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 19 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
I'm not disputing the fact that he's clearly a good rugby player. The point I was trying to make is that he got so many chances to score due to players like Josh Lewsey, Jason Robinson, Will Greenwood and Jonny Wilkinson (each one were truly outstanding early this decade) supplying him with so much quality ball.
[/b][/quote]

He was doing the same thing for Saints just past the turn of the century in, while still a very good team, nowhere near the standard of England back then. He'll never have another season like 2001 again, but in the right team and used correctly he's still got some good rugby left to offer. He'll be worth his weight in gold for his outststang defensive work alone.

He's been known for being brutally honest about stuff like that, I think it's because he wanted to live in England because he refuses to move house.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 20 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Pfft. Lobbe, McAlister, Chabal, Faure, Lamont and possibly Peel out.
Cohen in.

Fecking rad.[/b]

Agreed :(

Still until the GP allows it's clubs to compete with the French financially, or the French impose a salary cap I don't see what can be done.

We're gonna be rubbish next year, lets face it. Still there will be some money in the bank, lets get a backup front five that can compete, becuase the reason we wont make the playoff is because every time internaional duty calls we have to put kids that cant cope in the fornt row.

Latest posts