• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Collapse of XL

F

Fa'atau82

Anyone affected by this? Luckily i'm not.. i never fly with them.. they have bad rep.

So in honour of XL collapse i sing this little ditty..

.. i'm glad i have my ATOL, hip hip hip hurray, i'm glad i have my ATOL and i can afford to fly again..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Sep 12 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone affected by this? Luckily i'm not.. i never fly with them.. they have bad rep.

So in honour of XL collapse i sing this little ditty..

.. i'm glad i have my ATOL, hip hip hip hurray, i'm glad i have my ATOL and i can afford to fly again..[/b]

Sorry but what is XL?

This is only the start of these companies going under... The Recession of the UK and Europe will not hit full affect until the beginning of 2009... Where we will see lots more companies go under, the cost of fuel will be one of the major factors...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Sep 14 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is only the start of these companies going under... The Recession of the UK and Europe will not hit full affect until the beginning of 2009... Where we will see lots more companies go under, the cost of fuel will be one of the major factors...[/b]
It'll be interesting to see which other companies sponsoring sports teams go under as well, hopefully the money situation evens out some. It's just nuts at the moment.

Well given that the cost of oil has fallen by nearly $50 using that as an excuse for folding isn't going to wash with too many people.

Both petrol and food are way too expensive at the moment. I know oil has come down but when you live in a country like Britain, where you get ripped off left right and centre, especially over fuel, which is liquid gold to the treasury, it's still way over expensive.

Bad news about losing XL but they aren't the first travel agency that has gone bust and as Charlie said earlier in the thread, I don't think they'll be the last either. Very, very tough times at the moment.

We should be more concerned by the collapse of Lheman Brothers actually. This is a clear sign that the banking system is weak at the moment at they are the basement of our economical system. Recession is just starting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 16 2008, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yeah we really need a good war to kickstart the economy ;) ;)[/b]

Thank you for volunteering! Take your gun and Go! Go! By the way who are you going to attack?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 16 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
beh..knew the french would would be no help[/b]

Funny how the Irish minds have been "Englishised"... I guess once you switch to your coloniser language you start thinking like them so India used to be yours and many of your soldiers died on Normandy beaches...

actually proportionally irish soilders were handed more vc's than any other nation during WWI but thats a side point im not ashamed i speak english means i dont have to learn it nor am i ashamed that they once ruled ireland why would i be? damn yeah taking the road

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 17 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
actually proportionally irish soilders were handed more vc's than any other nation during WWI but thats a side point im not ashamed i speak english means i dont have to learn it nor am i ashamed that they once ruled ireland why would i be? damn yeah taking the road[/b]

You didn't get the point. The point is that I would have expected your previous post typically from an English poster not an Irish one and is related to France defeat in 1940 and not to WWI (by the way I have difficulties to understand how the 35 to 40 000 Irish soldiers who perished in WWI put Ireland at the top the death ratio table of WWI...).

Of course you don't have to be ashamed of speaking English due to the history of your country, on the other hand it is a shame that Ireland has almost lost her language. Languages are the roots of the cultures.

Latest posts