• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

College Rugby

jkUNCAcap

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Connacht
Well, I had just written a nice little paragraph introducing me, but it somehow got deleted when I went to post the topic so I'll simply put it in little bullets.

- Josh
- Played a lot of American Football growing up but doesn't begin to compare to Rugby, which I started playing in January
- Captain of a still-forming College club
- Played some 7's and a game of 10's (prop)
- School has not given us enough money to join a league, so possibly playing a couple unsanctioned games this fall
- Lost our Hooker, probably going to have to fill in there
- We have a really small team, "Team full of Backs" - Coach, I'm 5'10 (on a good day), and 203 at my heaviest
- Support Connacht and Irish National team
- Looking forward to learning as much as I possibly can from here.

Welcome to the forum!
Always exciting to start a new club from scratch. I really hope it sticks around and that you manage to get more players and to join a league for next season.

Thanks! I'm in my fourth year, but I'll be around for a victory lap, so I'll get to stay with it for another year and provide a little bit of continuity. We really tried to get it started last spring, but we struggled for numbers and it was tough to just get enough people to have a practice. This fall has been different, and we have gone up by almost 10 guys. Like I mentioned earlier, only problem is that we're all relatively small. I could easily see our pack being outweighed by 300+ pounds.

Latest posts