• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Coming Soon a Rugby Movie

They were showing that trailer last summer in America.
I wanted to see it but...well, i'm lazy.

We discussed how crap it looks in August.
It's the same as any other sport movie, except soccor/basketball/american football has been replaced with rugby.
I'm more looking forward to the South Africa World Cup Winners movie with Freeman and Damon in it... If it's still being made. :rolleyes:

Well I am so tire of the American football crap time to bring something good in and I have seen most of theses actors and they are good.
Especially the lead boy if he act's as good as he did in never back down then it will be awesome.

I have to agree with Hall's first post.

I've seen the lead play in an AWFUL Disney/Nickelodeon film (not his fault it was awful but still), the love interest was in two films mostly aimed at teens (it could be a coincidence but she played an annoying brat in both) and the actor playing the father is one of those people who seems to be stuck in one role.

It's possible that the plot isn't the stereotypical "brat gets in trouble, gains some sense during his punishment, settles the issues he has with his father (who is projecting his childhood dreams onto a reluctant son) and finds his place in life, the universe and everything by the time the credits roll over the screen" story seen in the trailer, but considering earlier sport themed films, there's a serious chance my little synopsis is correct. Spoiler: He'll probably get the girl too!

It's nice they use rugby as their sport of preference, but I'm not sure it would have mattered plot wise. Is there any sport that hasn't been used in a film? I can think of basketball, football, American football, ping pong, tennis, baseball, dance, golf, equestrianism, figure skating, there's bound to be something about swimming, ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 12 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there's bound to be something about swimming, ...[/b]

I remember having to watch this movie called "Alex", it's an austrlian movie about this girl and how she's an amazing swimmer.

But yeah, i'm really looking forward to that Nelson Mandela movie. I was wondering who they'd get to play Jonah, and I thought maybe Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson but then he'd make Matt Damon look like a little boy, so they'd have to get someone similar in size i guess.

That movie came out months ago. Several of my players saw it. They said it was okay. I couldn't get them to stop mockingly saying "Kia kaha" all the time whenever someone messed up or looked as if they were losing hope. I'm genuinely ready for a rugby movie to be made from a rugby nation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Jan 12 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Jan 12 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there's bound to be something about swimming, ...[/b]

I remember having to watch this movie called "Alex", it's an austrlian movie about this girl and how she's an amazing swimmer.

But yeah, i'm really looking forward to that Nelson Mandela movie. I was wondering who they'd get to play Jonah, and I thought maybe Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson but then he'd make Matt Damon look like a little boy, so they'd have to get someone similar in size i guess.
[/b][/quote]

But Jonah did make everybody look like little boys.

Latest posts