• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Complementary sports to rugby?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (www.rugbyperformance.co.uk @ Mar 26 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I find squash helps, good for reaction and speed off the mark in short bursts...good fitness too! we did dance with the lads on School of Hard knocks, didnt go down too well with some of them but i can see how it would be helpful.[/b]

Wrestling, Boxing, Professional Runners' Schools

And especially underlined for physical capabilities CHESS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Started playing squash lately and its helped my general fitness in a big way. I get bored very easily with the gym and struggle
to motivate myself to go, playing other sports, especially with a team/partner really helps me.

any alternate sport would help because rugby is like 90% fitness.. and all sports help your fitness, think of it as another training drill for rugby...

Swimming to relax the muscles , running to get your head clean and biking to increase you fitness

What other sports do you play? More important, do you think any of them helps you to improve your rugby-related skills? Do you integrate any of these other sports into your rugby training regimen?
To get the ball rolling, I hear that machine rowing and cycling help improve your base fitness, and therefore are useful for rugby players. I am considering doing more of these.

Boxing helps quite a bit with aerobic and anaerobic conditioning as long as you're fighting somewhere close to your natural weight. Mountain/Rock Climbing is excellent for overall strength and fitness.

Latest posts