• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Congratulations! pop up

mkersyshull

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
I keep getting a pop up when I visit TRF on my phone. Any ideas if this is your end or mine?

Attachments

• 860CB872-BDE9-4890-8F12-14F50D6BF7C4.jpeg
    860CB872-BDE9-4890-8F12-14F50D6BF7C4.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 13
Me too, fairly incessant since about halfway through the Bledisloe game yesterday.

Yeah me as well became site unusable between New Zealand game.

Edit - yeah I'm on an iPhone.

Apparently can be fixed by clearing browsing data?
It's spam picked up from somewhere that's triggered by certain sites - presumably something on the xenforo software triggers the spam because whoever made it wants you to think you've won something from the forum you're on

Cleared browsing data - problem persists.

No issues on chrome, however.

This is highly unusual and I haven't seen the problem either, using Chrome. I notice in @mkersyshull screenshot the web address at the top is different to ours, which might point to @TRF_Olyy's point about it being ads from elsewhere/other cookies. We'll do some research and aim to resolve this ASAP.

EDIT: are you guys seeing the same pop up ads on other sites in the same browser, or solely on TRF?

I'm seeing various articles reporting similar, where you could get redirected to spam if you click the 'Close' link etc. As @TRF_Olyy says above you need to clear your browser data, as well as other apps that have their own built-in browser (Facebook, Reddit etc).

Last edited:
This is highly unusual and I haven't seen the problem either, using Chrome. I notice in @mkersyshull screenshot the web address at the top is different to ours, which might point to @TRF_Olyy's point about it being ads from elsewhere/other cookies. We'll do some research and aim to resolve this ASAP.

EDIT: are you guys seeing the same pop up ads on other sites in the same browser, or solely on TRF?

I'm seeing various articles reporting similar, where you could get redirected to spam if you click the 'Close' link etc. As @TRF_Olyy says above you need to clear your browser data, as well as other apps that have their own built-in browser (Facebook, Reddit etc).
I'm using iOS on and iPhone and did have the pop up once on planet rugby. I've also had it on my iPad (but the browser data could be shared on the iCloud, not sure) . A browser data clear seems to have fixed it

Thanks

I've had this problem as well. It stops after a while but seems to come back every so often!

Latest posts