• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Congratulations taxpayers....you just funded Leeds Tykes

R

RoyalBlueStuey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/6653619.stm

"Leeds have signed what they describe as a "ground-breaking" deal with Leeds Metropolitan University, which has taken a majority 51% stake in the club."

I don't mind paying for higher education but is there any way I can opt my taxes out of this?

Illegal nightmarte wars in the middle east are one thing but giving money to LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on!

Its a f***ing disgrace, Leeds shouldn't be in the Premiership, I absolutely hate them... Would Rather have Saints in the Premiership, hopefully it will only be a year til they go back to NL1

I think carnegie started life as a trust fund and it is deffinatley a program for developing sport in the leeds area. It makes a lot of its own money i..e not your taxes. Its not much different from a private buissness owner except this way it can be used to develop community rugby and sport in general.

I have to say that this renaming of the club with this deal now makes it sound garstly. Certainly not the name that you would expect a rugby club to be called. It will be interesting to see how they do next season.

Does anyone actually support Leeds Carnegie?!

I heard that the Leeds Rhinos fans hate their Union co-inhabitants!

No one really hates them its just no one really turns up. League and Union fans are generally just rivals becuase they both want 'the better game'.

No one really hates them its just no one really turns up. League and Union fans are generally just rivals becuase they both want 'the better game'.
[/b]

Why would Rhinos fans hate the union team?? I'm a Rhinos fan yet a union player and as far as I can tell supporters of both wish each club well! The only problem is the union scrums cutting up the surface before a game lol

Yes thats because we're vindictive little ******** us Union fans. At 'Quins, they break glass bottles all over the pitch before the Rugby League teams play and at the Millenium Stadium, the try scoring zones have spikes on for the Millenium Magic weekend.

Latest posts