<div align='center'>
Connacht.png
Edinburgh.png

Connacht v Edinburgh
Venue: Sportsground
Date: 24 October 2008
Kickoff - 18:30
</div>

So despite both sides langishing near the bottom of the league fortunes seem to be improving for both sides. Connacht have impressed with their wins over Leinster and away in Dax and despite the defeat to London Irish welcome Edinburgh in good form. Given that certain players were left out of Declan Kidney's extended squad they may well feel they have a point to prove tomorrow night.

Edinburgh have flattered to deceive so far but their away win in France is bound to have lifted the confidence levels.

Tough one to call in the scheme of things, ordinarily you'd go for Edinburgh but the Sportsground is not an easy place to get a win.

4 changes for Connacht with Mel Deane back to partner Duffy in the centre. Lyne and Cronin come into the front row while Rigney completes the changes taking his place in the back row.

Connacht
: F Carr; A Wynne, G Duffy, M Deane, J Hearty; I Keatley, F Murphy; J Lyne, S Cronin, R Morris; M Swift, A Farley; J Muldoon ©, J O'Connor, C Rigney.
Replacements: A Flavin, R Loughney, A Browne, D Gannon, K Campbell, A Dunne, T Nathan.

Andy Robinson has gone with the same Edinburgh side that pickd up the win in Castres last Saturday.

Edinburgh: Chris Paterson, Mark Robertson, Ben Cairns, Nick De Luca, Simon Webster, Phil Godman, Mike Blair (captain), Allan Jacobsen, Ross Ford, Geoff Cross, Craig Hamilton, Jim Hamilton, Scott Newlands, Alan MacDonald, Allister Hogg.
Replacements: TBC

I like both sides and I'd love to visit Connacht if Saracens have a draw with them ^^

Sadly though, I think Edinburgh should have what it takes to win.

should being the operative word, plenty of sides should win at the Sportsground yet they're just not capable of getting the job done, we'll see with Edinburgh tonight.

and should is what it's proving to be, Edinburgh already 27 points to the good at half time and well set to claim the bonus point.

Better second half from Connacht by the sounds of things denying Edinburgh the bonus point, who'll be dissappointed not to come away with the full haul given the half time situation.

14-27 in the end.

Latest posts