• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

Leinster will be looking to consolidate their position at the top of the league on Friday with a win over bottom side Connacht. Cheika's side may be without several key internationals but will also be without the services of Leo Cullen who misses out with a shoulder injury.

In Cullen's absence Chris Whitaker is likely to lead the side. Shane Horgan and Luke Fitzgerald will also be in the squad having been released by Eddie O'Sullivan.

Michael Bradley has made 3 changes to his side with Keith Matthews, Conor O'Loughlin and Colm Rigney all coming into the team.

Leinster will be looking for a full haul but that's never been easy against this Connacht side.

So is an upset on the cards or will Leinster's ***le charge continue unabated???

Dempsey not playing would probably indicate that he won't start against Wales i would think (just like Flannery). I'd love to see an Irish team wining the Magners league and unless Munster get knocked out of the HEC Leinster have the best chance so I am undecided on this one.

Not necessarily, Flannery has missed far more rugby than Dempsey, you could also take the flip side approach, the fact that Eddie has kept him out of the squad could mean he plans to start him.

Good point when you think about Flannery would need to play as he is not match fit but Dempsey has only missed a week now so he should be alright.

So Leinster momentarily stretch their lead out to 10 points with a not so convincing win at the Sportsground but apparently conditions weren't up to much as seems to have been the case at most of tonights games. Certainly a nervy finish for Leinster with Connacht camped on the line at the death but still good to come away with the win especially with Ulster and Dragons taking points off the Scarlets and Edinburgh.

Something i had never seen before on a rugby pitch happened tonight, in the first half Contepomi slotted a straightforward penalty over the bar and it went about five feet behind the posts and was blown back out again! Hoping for a video clip of that savage wind. Horgan scored a great individual try while Connachts was good as well.

Also, does anybody know if that was former Munster player John Kelly on commentary?

Latest posts