• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht v Ulster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Connacht.png
Ulster.png

Connacht v Ulster</div>

Not much riding on this game given that Connacht are guaranteed to finish bottom and at best Ulster can only finish in the top 5 so not much to write home about for their season given some of the performances they've produced.

There's 3 changes to the Connacht side with Troy Nathan starting at full back and Duffy moving into the centre, in the pack Loughney lines up in the front row and in the back row Ofisa starts on the openside.

For Ulster Ed O'Donoghue comes into the second row, David Pollock misses out to Chris Henry, Tom Court makes his first start for Ulster since the Six Nations and Ian Whitten starts in the centre for Wallace who is being rested, while Nagusa returns to the backline.

Hard one to call given that there's nothing to play for but you'd expect Ulster just about to scrape the win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 8 2009, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there's nothing to play for[/b]
There is always something to play for: pride, satisfaction, victory.
This isn't a critisism of you, An Tarbh, but sometimes we hinge too much on all these competitions and forget that the players that play in these matches are playing for recognition. Agreed, it might not be the most spetacular rugby, but someone out there is playing his balls off and living his dream.
I now officially have sounded like someones grandmother...ha ha ha!

Anyway, Go Ulster!

;)

hard to get much recognition though in a game that isn't even being televised. I take your point there's always something to play for personally but in the grand scheme of things this match is irrelevant unfortunately.

Dead Rubber is the term you are looking for, i think. You should always want to win, and win well. or in Connacht's case, not lose by more than 20 lol.

that's a bit harsh on their home form given they've beaten both Leinster and Munster at the Sportsground and I don't think they've had a doing there in their other matches, away form has been woeful though.

only a 2 point win for Ulster in the end, hanging on in the second half having been dominant in the first half. Connacht getting a try before the break to get themselves back into the match having been 11-0 down. Keatley though will be kicking himself having missed what sounded like a sitter to win the kick close to the end of the match.

Latest posts