• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Constructive Feedback

wlshby09

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Scarlets
Sorry if there is already a thread like this, but I thought we could do with one that is only constructive feedback, so the guys at HB don't have to sift through a load of people just saying its crap and nothing more.
So basically if they decide to make future games (hopefully), they can see what we liked about it so they can keep them in, and things we really didn't like, so they can improve on. So if you really hate the game please don't just say its crap in this thread and nothing more, thats been done way too much.
Anyway my thoughts,

Likes: I really like the rucking system, its much better than what it used to be, and its good that backs can now ruck. Although it is hard to keep the ball with a lower rated team. The chip kick is really cool that doesn't need to be changed at all really. The way the players move is mych better I think, you can't really just give it to Shane and jink around doing 360's all over the place. Personally I enjoy the online play, its always pretty tense in my opinion. The editing feature is really helpful, although if you could edit the way they looked that would be awsome. There are a lot more I like I just can't remember now.

Dislikes: The AI is the thing that needs big work in my opinion, even on hard its sort of the same thing all the time. I know it must be really hard to make a smart AI but I think thats the first thing that should be addressed. I think there should be some sort of momentum thing, like when someone like Spies is running full tilt, 1 metre from the line, then Foden just nails him backward with a dive tackle is a bit silly, his momentum should just take him over. Also kicks go way to far and the bounce of the ball is a bit far. I'm not gonna complain about having more teams, we all knew this was a World Cup game so hopefully in future it wont be just a WC game. Also a few more animations would be nice.

Anyway I think the main thing that would make this game great is the AI, if they really ran hard at you and were able to score some good tries, it would change all of our opinions.

I know most people will probably think this thread is lame and will start slating the game anyway, but I thought this would be a bit more helpful to HB

go back to basics, go and play jonah lomu rugby 95 on ps1. Best advice i can give

Better graphics would be nice - having seen what the 360 and PS3 can do with the likes of Forza/Gran Turismo and other sports ***les, I was very disappointed to see what looked like a PS2-era graphics engine. If this is to compete with likes of Fifa etc, I think a major overhaul of the graphics engine is needed. Also the animations seemed a little clunky in parts - maybe think about doing a motion capture of a full rugby match? Not sure how that would work :S

Some form of tutorial system would be nice - I didn't have a problem as a rugby player and frequent gamer, but playing recently with a few mates and they didn't have a clue what was going on to start with.

Also wouldn't mind seeing a few more licences - the absence of the Walabies and All Blacks (particularly since NZ is the host nation!) is conspicuous to say the least. On a related subject, maybe think about updating the kits too?

Those are just my main gripes with the game - gameplay-wise, it seems fairly solid so far. I think what's needed most of all is polishing and making it look at least as good as other current-gen games

You cannot compare a Rugby or team based sports game to Forza or Gran Turismo unless you have a farm of quad core's.

Have you had your cornflakes?

My constructive feedback is that the game is fun. Slight tweaks to fix the various bugs / glitches would go a long way to improving the game. Player editor could also be improved greatly with at least a portrait of the player plus basic options to choose player models as all the unlicensed players have duplicate models.

needs padding out, more competitions. Not going to have a long life with how small the game is

online content needs improving to more than just playing a game

my opinion has changed to that this game is just a cash in on the world cup - HB have just cobbled the minimum required content together and released it

lol this thread is the same as the Ideas thread when they first announced this game...they didnt listen to us...wats the point now?

The addition of a chip kick and a change to our rucking mechanic are 2 examples directly in response to feedback from this forum.
To say that we have not been listening or that we are not listening now is very far from the truth. There are plenty of other threads on here to voice your annoyance with our game... and we do actually read those too, so nothing goes unseen.

Please leave this one to provide as the ***le suggests Constructive Feedback.

you could add more options for defending..

* Y button for ball and all tackle
*A button for tackle around the legs
*B button for BIG HIT
*X button for strip/rake

and you could go in depth with the existing defensive patterns such as line speed(how fast you want them to rush up) Fast, Normal and Slide. Which could also affect the players stamina in a match.

you could add more options for defending..

* Y button for ball and all tackle
*A button for tackle around the legs
*B button for BIG HIT
*X button for strip/rake

and you could go in depth with the existing defensive patterns such as line speed(how fast you want them to rush up) Fast, Normal and Slide. Which could also affect the players stamina in a match.

This is a cracking idea. Good thinking.

You cannot compare a Rugby or team based sports game to Forza or Gran Turismo unless you have a farm of quad core's.

Have you had your cornflakes?

Actually it was Weetabix :p

But point taken, it was a bad example... But you get the gist...

The game is pretty decent. The graphics might not be the best but it is a step up from 08. Maybe improving the graphics and adding more teams/licences and stadiums. Would have liked to have seen a Rugby World Cup Archive Mode where one could play past World Cup Scenario Matches and unlock classic teams and videos. Also if there was a feature to create your own tournament. Then we could recreate a "fake" tri-nations or sixnations tournament without having to have the actual licence for those tournaments. Also a player editor where we could change the players faces would help us to edit those unlicenced teams. The game could use extra music in the menus and not the same song repeated even though its a cool theme song for the game. Would have liked to see a intro video as well. All in all the gameplay is pretty good and have had some fun playing this game.

well i have been living with this game now for over 2 weeks and i cant tel you how angry i am that this slap dash game that i payed £39.99 for is making me feel its behond words its the biggest epic fail i have ever played i own every rugby game ever put on the market me and my sons live and breath the game its upseting to think that this is your best effort every thing about this game is just so bad and wrong every thing. and who ever you were working with and advising you on this game have never ever played a game of rugby ever. in all with out a doubt an epic fail on a grand level the list of bugs gliches crashes and game exploits on this game is just mind blowing how a team of game developers can even start to think that this game is work well done it makes me feel ill every time i see the start screen load up lmao ..... soo all in all shame on you HB glichesglichescrashescrashes FAIL[h=3][/h][h=3]http://www.gamexploits.com/[/h][h=3]http://www.nodoubt.com/[/h][h=3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advising_bank[/h]

Latest posts