• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Could there be additional INTERNATIONAL TEAM Tournaments in the game?

Yeah exactly, it's 2011 where having a create a tournament is a pretty basic sort of an idea for a sports video game. Maybe the reason we haven't had it yet is 'cause the same bunch of guys have made the last few and obviously haven't wanted to put it in for one reason or another.

How am I stupid for suggesting such a feature should be in a ps3 game in 2011 where the same feature has been in a boatload of other sports game over the years?

Said feature was omitted from the 2010 Fifa World Cup game... that must have been because EA are "the same bunch of guys have made the last few and obviously haven't wanted to put it in for one reason or another", or because it was 2010 and not 2011 when the expectations are that bit higher...

Or perhaps its been omitted for legitimate reasons? Just maybe...

You not stupid for that reason, I'm not sure I said that at all. You mentioned 1993, for some reason that era brought to mind Forrest Gump.

Your references "Haha what is this 1993?", and "Pretty lame regardless", did seem like it was telling me that my friends and I are stuck in the past and are partaking of something that's lame. Maybe you shouldn't have said that first without realising that it could be taken that way, and that in reality we have no current option to do anything but?

So we have established that you've fired the first shot there? :D

Na I was meaning it is lame to not have that option not that you were lame. And my 1993 reference was that having to resort to keeping scores on a bit of paper is more relative to that sort of era than what is around these days.

Said feature was omitted from the 2010 Fifa World Cup game... that must have been because EA are "the same bunch of guys have made the last few and obviously haven't wanted to put it in for one reason or another", or because it was 2010 and not 2011 when the expectations are that bit higher...

Or perhaps its been omitted for legitimate reasons? Just maybe...

Well FIFA also had the normal version of the game (FIFA 11) released the same year which DID have the create a tournament feature in it.

Well FIFA also had the normal version of the game (FIFA 11) released the same year which DID have the create a tournament feature in it.

That's not comparing apples with apples though is it? This is comparable to other world cup games really. Also, Fifa have resources of more than 20 times as much money and development teams that are huge when compared to this. We need to be realistic in this regard. :)

That's not comparing apples with apples though is it? This is comparable to other world cup games really. Also, Fifa have resources of more than 20 times as much money and development teams that are huge when compared to this. We need to be realistic in this regard. :)

You would have to put it down to an arbitrary decision from someone rather than a budget or resource constraint. If it was HB's decision to leave it out then it is pretty shortsighted, if it was someone else then that's understandable as it is out of their control.

You would have to put it down to an arbitrary decision from someone rather than a budget or resource constraint. If it was HB's decision to leave it out then it is pretty shortsighted, if it was someone else then that's understandable as it is out of their control.

Hopefully its the latter....

Yeah exactly, it's 2011 where having a create a tournament is a pretty basic sort of an idea for a sports video game. Maybe the reason we haven't had it yet is 'cause the same bunch of guys have made the last few and obviously haven't wanted to put it in for one reason or another.

How am I stupid for suggesting such a feature should be in a ps3 game in 2011 where the same feature has been in a boatload of other sports game over the years?

Well it may be a basic sort of idea to have included a create a tournament mode but at the moment for this game at least, there isn't one so my idea of just keeping a track with pen and paper is the only logical solution. If you want to do custom tournaments so bad you would do this. Its not ideal but its a way around their not being a create a tournament and its hardly too difficult

Well it may be a basic sort of idea to have included a create a tournament mode but at the moment for this game at least, there isn't one so my idea of just keeping a track with pen and paper is the only logical solution. If you want to do custom tournaments so bad you would do this. Its not ideal but its a way around their not being a create a tournament and its hardly too difficult

Agreed. It takes 2 minutes. My friends and I work it out so have quick round robin tournaments. That way and you can set-up the final any way you want to.

If we have 5 or 6 of us, we have the top team qualifies straight through to the final.
The team that's 3rd get's to have a shot at 2nd place at 2nd places homes ground.
If 2nd loses then they have to play 3rd at the 3rd place teams ground.
If 2nd wins either game they go straight to the final.

Yep, while 2 people are playing, one of the people who aren't can do the writing and so on. Yeah that sounds a good way to set it out TRF C A Iverson, may do it like that when the game comes out.

Yep, while 2 people are playing, one of the people who aren't can do the writing and so on. Yeah that sounds a good way to set it out TRF C A Iverson, may do it like that when the game comes out.

Yeah that's usually the way. The person waiting for their game does scores, while the other 2 or three have a few beers and watch the games unfold. :)

Latest posts