• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Could there be worse then 606?

B

Bullitt

Maybe;

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s2...tm?387,11070926

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("tigeroo")</div>
You really are clueless if you think that Sale and Gloucester are playing quality rugby this year. Sale are playing the most boring the league has seen, Gloucester are in a mess, ditto Quins but look like they're on the up finally. Saints and Irish are doing well but that's about it. The overall quality of the league is p*ss poor, and has been all season. You won't find many fans disagreeing with that. Have a look at the Heineken cup tables if you want further proof... four out of six GP teams are in 3rd, 3rd, 4th and 4th positions.

The premiership IS poor, Gatland was 100% right, so far it's the weakest it's ever been. Very good stuff in recent years, but so far this season it's been awful. Last year it was decent quality, which translated to Six Nations form when England started playing more attacking rugby as the season went on. We kept the ball in hand and made more passes than any other nation, because we had a settled team that were getting more comfident and comfortable playing with each other.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
There's the club way and then there's the England way; England have negative tactics and want the ball kicking back constantly (mostly due to the clueless coaches) while a bulk of the clubs want to run the ball back and train their players as such... That's the very reason Foden wasn't picked; He goes against the grain of the negative style that Rob Andrew and his minions like to employ.[/b]

The clubs want teams to run the ball back? What rugby have you been watching. The nature of the entire sport at this moment in time, not just the premiership ISN'T about running the ball back.

Foden wasn't picked because he's a defensive liability and can't catch a high ball to save his life. Monye wasn't much better, that experiment failed, and Johnson corrected things for the NZ game, with Cueto putting in a superb performance at fullback.

Typical of a club before country supporter to slate England at every possible opportunity. England were very very poor, but Johnson was right when he said that the reaction was bordering on hysterical and ridiculous. Perspective mate[/b][/quote]

:lol: Bless.

*He says after noticing on 606 "Munster are interested in signing Cipriani"*

:lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 8 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought a good bit of what was said was kinda accurate.[/b]

me too.

606 is a forum for people who don't watch rugby, at least this guy watches it.

Yep can't argue with much of it. It does seem that The Premiership has taken a step backwards. Alot of teams you'd be expecting to do well are really struggling and it's reflected by how far Newcastle are up the table in comparison to other years. Not saying the fare being produced in the ML is much better at the moment though.

I agree fellas. I think that's one of the best points I've ever seen anyone make. THREE CHEERS FOR 606

HIP HIP

So why, with just about every single fan/supporter/pundit/journalist out there complaining about the rugby being played, do teams persist with cowardly tactics? Yes I understand that the IRB made a royal **** of things with the ELV fiasco and later law changes regarding the ruck, but really has the game changed that much. Not unregularly, I see professional fullbacks catch the ball in the 22, and then run out before kicking back down the throat of the other team. WTF, mate? Do they not want to turn it over by kicking it into touch? Well they sure turned it over by kicking it straight to the opposition! Give the forwards a chance to compete! That's what the lineout's for. So much apprehension surrounds the set piece it seems. I realize that a teams tactical approach may change from game to game depending on the foe, but grow a sack lads. No matter how avid a supporter is for their professional team, the team that they most care about is the one they play for. Those are the games that you don't want to lose. Those are the games that you play to WIN, not to escape defeat. So why should supposedly far better players not sack up? Politics? Money? Vaginas? Honestly I am not trying to place blame; I am a mere Yankee after all. I would like to understand this whole situation though. It gets frustrating to hear so much whining about the rugby being played, when the solution seems so blatantly obvious.

Latest posts