• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Country with best looking kit?

sharkfan

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Which country do you rate as having the best looking kit? Obviously being a springbok fan I feel the Springboks are looking quite good at the moment, but the new All Blacks kit...hmmm...not so good!

What I can't work out is why you guys got such a classic looking kit, whilst we got a totalcluster**** force of **** design in spite of ASICS a making both.

Has anybody used Lovell rugby before ? Is the customer service good and do you get everything you want on time ?

Has anybody used Lovell rugby before ? Is the customer service good and do you get everything you want on time ?
I get most of my rugby stuff from there.
Never had to deal with their customer service, shipping is decent enough - I usually go with whatever the cheapest option is and it usually arrives in about 2 days.

Well, I think that depends what you want from the kit and your taste in general. In design terms in general I prefer contemporary elegance (simplicity), understatement and minimalism. I see the new AB Adidas kit as nothing short of art.This is helped by the fact i like black. Also white and blue so England, France, Italy for me, have no excuse not to have a kit that'd suit me but they may not want to go that route. Which is fine of course. I also like hoops; WP, Racing metro 92, los Pumas.. Two of my favs;

... can't seem to upload, will try later..

ITO clothing and specifically sports apparel I'm not a fan of a green jersey but I appreciate the Springbok tradition and think, within that context and for the parameters we have to work with, we have a great kit; good balance between classic values and contemporary trends. I just feel our ceiling is lower than what others have (potential wise) but the execution is excellent.

Last edited:
Have always liked the English shirt, at least the more recent ones. All white looks fantastic for a big Rugby player. Like it when France wear that too, like the 2011 WC final.

England+Dejection+England+v+France+IRB+RWC+mBWqrc_VLG_l.jpg

3596118-16x9-940x529.jpg

Something really eye catching and aesthetic on a powerful frame, the all white, high white socks. And the Coq or Rose logos look sweet over the players' hearts.

Have always loved the AB's All-Blacks. How defining is that concept and color for them, they're not just the best team of all-time, they've got a whole mystique about them, and what a great notion, that name, the color: All-Blacks. LOVE the newest kit, "blackest ever".

The French dark blue is gorgeous for me. Probably my favorite but not only because I'm French and biased, it's my favorite color.
article_france.jpg

England-v-France-Mar-15-2009-six-nations-rugby-6545633-725-480.jpg

from 2009

Recently, Scotland has rocked a very nice one too:

scotland_2164946b.jpg

359567-jim-hamilton-scotland-rugby.jpg

I like their logo too.

**** it.. i give up. BigE, I like your style.
d218e9bed3b7b7ae008c0817b05b7e0e.jpg

d218e9bed3b7b7ae008c0817b05b7e0e.jpg
http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/New-France-Home-Jersey-2014.jpg
New-France-Home-Jersey-2014.jpg

Last edited:
^^^

Damn, I struggled. It was like giving birth. Totally worth it though to grace this therad with the above.

**** it.. i give up. BigE, I like your style.[B]file:///C:/Users/Michaal/Desktop[/B]/New%20folder[/QUOTE]

aaahhh-HAAAA !!!!!! So you're a WINDOWS user !!!!!!!!

.....sorry, I just don't get to do much detective work in my life these days, this is pretty much a highlight for me...

aaahhh-HAAAA !!!!!! So you're a WINDOWS user !!!!!!!!

.....sorry, I just don't get to do much detective work in my life these days, this is pretty much a highlight for me...

Only seems fair since I've checked you on Link'din and Facebook.

The current Scotland home shirt (not the shorts) is up there with the best. The away kit not so much...

2yp0t1s.jpg

Last edited:
i have to say i really like a few jerseys out there (scotland, last years french etc) but dont but them anymore because they look stupid on me now, i much prefer football shirts now, no sponser and a better fit (t-shirt)

Holland-World-Cup-away-kit-revealed.jpg
picked up this a couple of months ago

BlackAllWhitesJersey.jpg

and this has got a lot of use over the last couple of years

NZ and France tend to have the best looking kits. I actually really liked the 2007 England kit too, though apparently everyone else despised it.

If we're talking other codes too, I actually love the Kangaroos Jersey - hasn't changed hardly in decades:
attachment.php

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
Kangaroo kit is awesome.

The current Scotland kit looks like a stripper's costume.

Latest posts