• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Couple of RWC previews up online now

locksley

Academy Player
Sounds pretty positive. Especially the breakdown play and the ability to "strafe" between attackers whilst defending. Can't get the links from twitter, but if you follow me on there, I've retweeted the articles. Follow @dazglo36 Cheers.

another new feature is the ability to chip kick in attack
YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!

Also good to see they recorded the crowd, and at Twickers too, wasn't at the England/Aus game but the atmosphere seemed very good on the telly :p

Great stuff, i like how one of them says it nots perfect but still a great game. They both seem very impressed with the gameplay and say the graphics are fine and what to expect on a PS3. Some will complain about the swandives and things but it is becoming part of the game. Slowly it was shane and co who started it and now ashton has made it very popular. The game does sound fun but realistic which is great, just desperate for a video of it!!

Seems these bloggers dont have the restraint of getoffmeland, doesnt this mean the shackles are now off for him to give us his thoughts?

I still dont get why everyone is so hush hush, these gameplay elements they are talking about arent hidden behind any licensing crap, no harm at all to share it.

Thanx for the links guys.

Locksley!! Will we be seeing a review from you for either of the rugby ***les?

These articles are both great! The details about kicking and rucks sound very promising, with neither article having anything bad to say about them! Also love the subtle dig at Tindall in the 2nd :p

Accessibility to anyone was also a key ingredient for the developers, who stated that for someone completely new to the game, "by the end of their first game should be scoring tries."
My newly converted rugby fan carer will be testing that!

(I've put her on 06 a few times, passing more than once is a challenge...)

Very cool stuff. Good to hear about the kicking. All i need to know is the stepping, whether theres slight variations in animations between individuals. It would certainly be a "fap fap" moment if the above were to be true, and having an array of attacking moves (as in steps) would make my year. I'm not bothered if not, cause everything sounds extremely promising :D keep it up guys :D

Very cool stuff. Good to hear about the kicking. All i need to know is the stepping, whether theres slight variations in animations between individuals. It would certainly be a "fap fap" moment if the above were to be true, and having an array of attacking moves (as in steps) would make my year. I'm not bothered if not, cause everything sounds extremely promising :D keep it up guys :D

Yeah it would be great to have a few, even one that is just like a drop of the shoulder to confuse the opposition. What would make a big difference in attack though would be proper recognition of weight transfer when changing direction. You could run in rings at 100mph in the old games making it so hard to tackle. Ideally this would mean, as in the Fifa as it is now, use of skills isn't necessary, and you can be a perfectly good player by playing tactically well, rather than winning by just exploiting arbitrary animations and mad turns of pace!

Great reads the both of those links, thanks for that Locksley. Always finding a way to deliver some welcome news. :D

One of the article says that you can alter the names and the positions of the players, so you could change the names of the Australians and New Zealanders to something more appropriate, but if the likenesses aren't correct then what the heck can you do if you can't change anything else?

Maybe they have somewhat reasonably correct likenesses, but the players in the wrong positions and you can just alter their position and attributes to make them go back to where we'd like them to be? I'm crossing fingers and toes about that!

One thing I will say is that HB were involved in the Fifa WC 2010 and that is the best football game I played since Pro Evo, before Fifa knocked it the hell out in 08/09.

It has a simple online options but works smooth as butter and has practically zero lag even when playing people in South America. In fact the head to head online option is fantastic!! Basically you play people head to head in a small league section and then you will be promoted to the cup depending on your league status.

If it is anything like this game RWC 2011 will be a pearler!!

Dam still cannot get over the fact that I will not be able to play the old enemy the All Blacks online:(

You'll get to play "New Zealand" who will be wearing a kit that is all black, it won't be too different, I'm sure

Great reads the both of those links, thanks for that Locksley. Always finding a way to deliver some welcome news. :D

One of the article says that you can alter the names and the positions of the players, so you could change the names of the Australians and New Zealanders to something more appropriate, but if the likenesses aren't correct then what the heck can you do if you can't change anything else?

Maybe they have somewhat reasonably correct likenesses, but the players in the wrong positions and you can just alter their position and attributes to make them go back to where we'd like them to be? I'm crossing fingers and toes about that!

I'm sure I read on the SIDHE site that there is no limits on how much a player looks like someone exclusive or not, so basically it will just be the kits and name that need editing. Maybe they will be called 'Newbie Zealand' and 'Oztralia'. ;-)

The names of the countries aren't copyrighted, just the nickname/trademark parts, which are "Wallabies" and "All Blacks"

Latest posts