• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Couple of RWC previews up online now

The names of the countries aren't copyrighted, just the nickname/trademark parts, which are "Wallabies" and "All Blacks"

Damn thats a shame, may edit it anyway lol

Anyway, here is the quote about player likeliness, took a while to dig up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Hey guys... I'm curious, when making a player for a team that is unlicensed in a game what limitations are there on player likeness?
I know that you cannot use there names, but just how accurate can an unlicensed players face be??? Are there black and white rules or is it a bit of a grey area?

Mario's reply, If you are asking could you make it look like a real player that is not licensed in the game, then the answer is yes you potentially could. There are no forced restrictions imposed

Great articles, two things they missed that as a forward I would like to know. Is the scrum better than 08 and also line out option? Going to comment on one of the blogs as the blogger seems to be good at answering

I'm sure I read on the SIDHE site that there is no limits on how much a player looks like someone exclusive or not, so basically it will just be the kits and name that need editing. Maybe they will be called 'Newbie Zealand' and 'Oztralia'. ;-)

If this is the case then fantastic. Dont care about names and New Zealand is not copyrighted, however if they do not resemble the players in game then it will not feel like we are playing NZ. e.g. Carter with blond hair and smaller than normal, SBW same size as Carter with red hair.

Can we create a nation or teAm like backbreakers ?. There customize tool a sicc as :)

in one of these previews it mentions that Hard is quite hard. I can tell you guys that from personal experience, Hard is pretty bloody hard. You will have to play some pretty sensible rugby to win games on that difficulty setting.

But don't worry easy will let you score plenty of tries, there is a pretty good balance with our difficulty levels. We really wanted to make sure that Hard was Hard for you guys this time around. We read the feedback from here in that regard.

Also, the addition of the chip kick as mentioned in one of those previews... came from this forum. So while I'm not on here posting all the time. We most certainly are paying attention and doing what we can to make a fun rugby game for you guys to play.

can somebody define a Tier 2 nation to me? i am a little frustrated that i will have to build my way in in order to play a tour with a country such as wales but it's no a big deal really

Thanks again HB_Glen. Hope the weather in Nova Scotio is as good this summer as it was last summer. So many sunny days, loved it.

Tier 1 -

Argentina · Australia · England · France · Ireland · Italy · New Zealand · Scotland · South Africa · Wales

Tier 2 -

Canada · Fiji · Japan · Romania · Samoa · Tonga · United States

Tier 3 -

The rest

can somebody define a Tier 2 nation to me? i am a little frustrated that i will have to build my way in in order to play a tour with a country such as wales but it's no a big deal really

I think it's an extremely good way to keep you playing and keep you interested, I expect you would start off with the Lowest(Rank wise) tier and play in from there, which I think adds playability to the game. :D But I see your point and fair enough you would rather be able to tour against the better teams whenever.

I think I suggested the chip kick - does that mean I can put "Video games developer" on my CV? :D

If this is the case then fantastic. Dont care about names and New Zealand is not copyrighted, however if they do not resemble the players in game then it will not feel like we are playing NZ. e.g. Carter with blond hair and smaller than normal, SBW same size as Carter with red hair.
I think it'll be the faces rather than other height etc. - NZRU can hardly complain if you happen to have a 5ft10 flyhalf with dark brown hair, called Ben Tarter, as it's not his name or face :p

in one of these previews it mentions that Hard is quite hard. I can tell you guys that from personal experience, Hard is pretty bloody hard. You will have to play some pretty sensible rugby to win games on that difficulty setting.But don't worry easy will let you score plenty of tries, there is a pretty good balance with our difficulty levels. We really wanted to make sure that Hard was Hard for you guys this time around. We read the feedback from here in that regard.Also, the addition of the chip kick as mentioned in one of those previews... came from this forum. So while I'm not on here posting all the time. We most certainly are paying attention and doing what we can to make a fun rugby game for you guys to play.
How did you guys implement different difficulties? Do they play more intelligently on the higher difficulties or do they have an artificial boost eg. impossible to have a runaway try against?

Rugby 08 was a good game, playable with many comps, however it was too easy even on Hard level. I am glad to hear Hard is actually really Hard. Thanks Glen for letting us know. Ther modders on this forum did a great job in adjusting the stats so the game becomes more difficult. It made it a bit difficult to score tries however the fundemental problem was the AI, and their lack in potency on attack.

The only time I would lose a game was when i played in multiplayer. So when HB first anounced there will be online mode I was stoked. And now I am even more stoked to hear the difficulty bar is raised!!

Great that the game is HD yay! What level of High Definition is it? 720 or 1080?

After reading about the rucks...it sounds like it will be a fantastic game.

Hope that online we can choose our region when searching for opponents. PSN Fifa 11 always gives me people on the other side of the world. This was also the case for COD.

Great that the game is HD yay! What level of High Definition is it? 720 or 1080? After reading about the rucks...it sounds like it will be a fantastic game. Hope that online we can choose our region when searching for opponents. PSN Fifa 11 always gives me people on the other side of the world. This was also the case for COD.
GDay GG I doubt the will have search option, but we will have more luck, as much less USA hosts. You will probably only get connected with europe or SA players if you were doing an all nighter, when they wake up...........this will happen no doubt. Its gonna be rad..........i'll come home from work, smash a few locals, then wait for the NH hordes at about 10pm and belt them too :p

Question: Why does the Watermark have to be so HUGE, Lol... is one in the corner not enough?

Question: Why does the Watermark have to be so HUGE, Lol... is one in the corner not enough?
Just in case any youtube users who claim to "get exclusive info" suddenly find their source has dried up.

Right guys, just to update you, I was at the preview day for this game, but unfortunately I have been away for the rest of the week so unable to get a full review of what I saw and how it played, I have images for you all which you may have already seen plus I will be able to disclose the control system. I only got the green light yesterday to get something up, so unfortunately you will need to wait until Saturday or Sunday to hear my review.

Sorry everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts