• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

But they could still spread it.
But we don't know how long after the first jab they got it, just says at least 2 weeks, not necessarily optimal timing or a comparison of those who were and weren't vaccinated. Or even if it was spread by a non-vaccinated person with a higher virus load rather than a vaccinated person.

But we don't know how long after the first jab they got it, just says at least 2 weeks, not necessarily optimal timing or a comparison of those who were and weren't vaccinated. Or even if it was spread by a non-vaccinated person with a higher virus load rather than a vaccinated person.

Yep, so there is still uncertainty of catching it even if people are vaccinated or not. I think that's the point. Especially with the variants. AZ especially not protecting against mild symptoms so the most recent study.

It's a live situation we need to keep an eye on as lockdown is lifted and cases inevitably will rise. If the vaccine still keeps most peeps out of hospital then that would be the main thing.

Denmark suspended use of AZ completely. Crazy!
Not really. Whether we want to admit it or not there is some concern about AZ from a lot of places including the UK who have said under 30s will get an alternative. Denmark is a relatively small country with a good vaccine rollout, they are probably in a position where they can now shelve the AZ vaccine for alternatives.

I was supposed to get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine this Friday, but our Government has put their vaccine on hold because 6 people developed blood clots. 6 people out of the nearly 7 million who received that vaccine here in the USA so far. With those odds I'd be willing to risk it.

Last edited:
Not really. Whether we want to admit it or not there is some concern about AZ from a lot of places including the UK who have said under 30s will get an alternative. Denmark is a relatively small country with a good vaccine rollout, they are probably in a position where they can now shelve the AZ vaccine for alternatives.
In the mean time the Czech Republic with population of 10.7m have offered to buy their unused doses. Still, Denmark haven't ruled not using AZ if a third wave there occurs.

Had my first jab on Thursday, Pfizer one. Apart from a sore arm, no symptoms. The thing that amazed me is more than half of the people who had made appointments didn't turn up, that is staggering.

Unfortunately, as we go lower down the age groups I think we will find fewer people turning up for their jabs. To get to 70% plus we may need "compulsory" vaccination in schools for 5-18 like squeeze out the ones whose parents who object.

Unfortunately, as we go lower down the age groups I think we will find fewer people turning up for their jabs. To get to 70% plus we may need "compulsory" vaccination in schools for 5-18 like squeeze out the ones whose parents who object.
Or (once everyone's had the opportunity) vaccine passports to get into desireable places like football grounds or pubs

Just took my first lateral flow. Just waiting for the result. Looking like it's negative. Made me gag and nose run. Not the most comfortable.

2nd jab booked for this Thursday.

5D4C3DFE-EC72-4EC8-9AFA-062C571E6E43.jpeg. Negative. Although not 100% accurate. Still gives good idea I don't have it.

Last edited:

Latest posts