• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Sounds a bit tinfoil for my tastes,
There's no scientific proof Ivermectin is a legitimate option - everytime a study comes out from some dodgy source it fails peer review because they've falsified data

If anything it feels more the otherway - Ivermectin producers trying to get more people to buy/prescribe their product
There is plenty of scientic proof. WHO have been using it for about a year. 2 billion doses have been given out world wide. Ivermectin no longer has a patent so anyone can produce it. Absolutely no one gains in monetary terms to its use.

There is plenty of scientic proof. WHO have been using it for about a year. 2 billion doses have been given out world wide. Ivermectin no longer has a patent so anyone can produce it. Absolutely no one gains in monetary terms to its use.

But no substantive scientific proof it works at preventing Covid. Yes, the cost issue Is one that appeals to the conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers as THE reason why it is being denied as a treatment.

But it doesn't matter unless there is some scientific basis that it does work.

But no substantive scientific proof it works at preventing Covid. Yes, the cost issue Is one that appeals to the conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers as THE reason why it is being denied as a treatment.

But it doesn't matter unless there is some scientific basis that it does work.
So why has it been prescribed so much then?

Has it though?

I know that doctors in America will give it out if you ask, but it's much more a buyer/seller relationship there than in most places (i.e. their TV adverts encouraging people to demand certain drugs from their doctors)
A quick Google hasn't thrown up any results saying it's being used for COVID (just as an anti-parasite drug, which it's been used as for years)

I know there's been articles circulating claiming Japan are heavily using it but they're all proven false, and Japan haven't authorised it's use for COVID cases

Have you got any links about it's use?

is that 2 billion doses specifically for COVID? those championing it have made it very clear that its been used "safely" for decades for other conditions, cold those doses be for other conditions too?

As Oly says where America?

You got to think if it was so effective against Covid and so cheap why are Governments around the world not just turning to it instead of the vaccines, because they really want to add to Pfizer, Moderna AZ's and J and J's profits? Surely the crippling cost effects on the economy and health services far, far outweigh that? And if it really is this magic and cheap way to prevent Covid it would also stop them getting the blame.

But that's the problem with these "magic" cures it just gives anti vaxxers and Conspiracy theorists a reason not to get the the most effective treatment we currently have available. They are ok with taking deworming/head lice medication orally but not get an injection for something that has been proven to work? That for me is nuts. I can understand if it's just fear of needles. I am sure pill form of the covid vaccines is coming.

And If cost alone is your argument then there is Dexomethosone which isn't being denied, but has been proven to work. People with Covid just have to a critical stage before it is administered.

So, the argument of cost and prescription doesn't stack up still against the lack of peer reviewed scientific evidence that Ivermectin is effective against Covid.

Shocked Futurama GIF by MOODMAN

Never knew Germany was going through it bad
65K daily cases recorded

Yep and they have a similar vaccination rate to the UK at around 67-69% and also hit a buffer in terms of those not wanting to get any vaccine.

Checked today's daily rate for the UK and it's gone back up to almost 47,000 recorded cases. Daily Deaths recorded of 199 and daily hospital admissions just under 800. Seems to be broadly flat at between 800-1000 daily. Again I think we are looking mostly unvaccinated and those vaccinated being over 70 getting admitted.

It is probably worse than it looks in Germany. They do far fewer tests than UK, so the positivity rate is high.

I think they scrapped free pcr tests a few months back to encourage vaccination.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-201839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-201839_Chrome.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 6
Yep and they have a similar vaccination rate to the UK at around 67-69% and also hit a buffer in terms of those not wanting to get any vaccine.

Checked today's daily rate for the UK and it's gone back up to almost 47,000 recorded cases. Daily Deaths recorded of 199 and daily hospital admissions just under 800. Seems to be broadly flat at between 800-1000 daily. Again I think we are looking mostly unvaccinated and those vaccinated being over 70 getting admitted.

is thats all the UK double vaxxed?

Victoria has just passed 90% double and Aus in general is around 80% i think, i take it there has been a huge plateau?

is thats all the UK double vaxxed?

Victoria has just passed 90% double and Aus in general is around 80% i think, i take it there has been a huge plateau?

Yes, but a further c.13m have received their booster jab. I am still waiting for mine.

When pressed on whether the UK could afford to be complacent in terms of its measures, Hayward said: "Well, we can't. We've got over 8,000 people in hospital with Covid, nearly a thousand of them on ventilators. We have, compared to Europe, far lower numbers of hospital beds available to put people in, so we are on a bit of a knife edge here with Covid.

"But when you add in all the other respiratory infections that come in the winter when we've got high levels of population mixing, when you add in that huge [NHS patient] backlog, the NHS is already in serious trouble. So I think we do need to be prepared to take action."

Thing is everyone is talking about Europe's fifth wave, but the UK has had over 100 deaths a day for a while now and we still have the most deaths in western Europe. Somehow the conservatives (will the help of the media) have managed to make over 100 people dying a day normal. Germany are about 50-100 more deaths a day at the moment from latest figures. They would still need over a year with that difference to catch up to the UK. I may be wrong but it feels that Britain has become more concerned about their 'freedoms' than people dying.

I know we need to get to a point where we live with covid, but I don't think 100+ deaths a day is that point.

Latest posts