• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craig Joubert and TV officials are cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeynuts

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
On the 76 minute and 57 seconds there was a late challenge by Drew Mitchell and both the referee and TV match official did not give a penalty to Scotland. They were quick enough to blow up and give a yellow card for a supposed deliberate knock down.

This would have negated the wrong call in the 78 which was an accidental offside at most.

Craig Joubert and the New Zealand match official brought the game into disrepute.

There needs to be an official inquiry into the decisions made and Joubert needs to lose his job! (Simple as that, and no overstatement)

What a disgusting load of refereeing that is clearly bias and " you must ask yourself, cheating."

There has clearly been a bias towards southern hemisphere teams this world cup and World rugby need to take a long hard look at its self as it is making a mockery of the game.

Joel Jutge needs to step down also.

I have not got no strings to hold me down from speaking the truth such as players or pundits and I am telling it like it is.

It's a joke, Craig Joubert is a cheat and that's the fact of the matter.

I feel like you need to sleep on this and come back to it.
Emotions are, rightly, running high.
I wanted Scotland to win, but I thought Joubert had a decent game - that is to say he was consistent and unbiased. I've never been a big fan of his, so i won't speak to his reffing style.

Last edited:
Thanks, but something needs to happen because Craig Joubert is a cheat and an investigation into his and the TWO'S hanging of this game needs to be carried out by World Rugby.

Craig Joubert should be struck off for his bias against Scotland. It is clear particularly when he insisted he would not penalise Australia for continually collapsing the scrums in the last 20.

And Genial should have also walked for deliberately killing the ball in the red zone.

It's a joke and questions need to be asked!

I smell some butthurt))) Glad for Scotland though - fans may be proud. Amazing performance and it's a pity they failed to win

I feel like the concept of a top level referee in the most watched rugby tournament in the world with the most cameras on them ever actually going out to cheat, and get away with it, a bit mental.

You know Scotland were given 5 penalty goals, thats 15 points direct from Joubert

He made one error, a whopper at that, should of gone to TMO, just draw that box and Scotland would have 99% probability of winning.

So anyone want to talk about the decision in the 49th minute to disallow the Australian try because of an earlier knock on?

So who knocked it on? I think the TMO made a hasty decision here and got it wrong.

On the 76 minute and 57 seconds there was a late challenge by Drew Mitchell and both the referee and TV match official did not give a penalty to Scotland. They were quick enough to blow up and give a yellow card for a supposed deliberate knock down.This would have negated the wrong call in the 78 which was an accidental offside at most.Craig Joubert and the New Zealand match official brought the game into disrepute.There needs to be an official inquiry into the decisions made and Joubert needs to lose his job! (Simple as that, and no overstatement)What a disgusting load of refereeing that is clearly bias and " you must ask yourself, cheating."There has clearly been a bias towards southern hemisphere teams this world cup and World rugby need to take a long hard look at its self as it is making a mockery of the game.Joel Jutge needs to step down also.I have not got no strings to hold me down from speaking the truth such as players or pundits and I am telling it like it is.It's a joke, Craig Joubert is a cheat and that's the fact of the matter.
I'm just going to put my opinion out there on that mentioned late tackle on Hogg. I think at that point those players had no chance of avoiding Hogg by the time they reached him. It was inevitable that there was going to be contact. I don't think Joubert made the wrong call there at all. In fact I actually think that Hogg dived again and made a meal of it to try to milk the penalty. He went flying back towards the touch line as if someone had given him a knock out punch. I am open to someone providing a link to a replay of the clash to reassess it, but from what I saw in the match, I was sure it was a dive. It doesn't help that he has tried this before in the World Cup.

Not only the two instances in the dying minutes, but in the last 20 Australia were guilty of dropping the scrum on numerous occasions and the referee did not penalise them. Genia was killing the ball on the Australian line and should have walked again a wrong decision.

He was biased and the whole world knows it.

CRAIG JOUBERT needs to be investigated and dropped from from refereeing any game again. Biased cheating was exactly what it was.

I'm calling Craig Joubert out.

Bad luck Scotland

On the 76 minute and 57 seconds there was a late challenge by Drew Mitchell and both the referee and TV match official did not give a penalty to Scotland. They were quick enough to blow up and give a yellow card for a supposed deliberate knock down.

This would have negated the wrong call in the 78 which was an accidental offside at most.

Craig Joubert and the New Zealand match official brought the game into disrepute.

There needs to be an official inquiry into the decisions made and Joubert needs to lose his job! (Simple as that, and no overstatement)

What a disgusting load of refereeing that is clearly bias and " you must ask yourself, cheating."

There has clearly been a bias towards southern hemisphere teams this world cup and World rugby need to take a long hard look at its self as it is making a mockery of the game.

Joel Jutge needs to step down also.

I have not got no strings to hold me down from speaking the truth such as players or pundits and I am telling it like it is.

It's a joke, Craig Joubert is a cheat and that's the fact of the matter.

The officials had a good game until the last few minutes. Should have been a penalty to Scotland due to a late challenge. This would have ruled out the discussion on the final incident.

They could have pulled out. Craig Joubert is a cheat and the whole world knows it.

Knock on

So anyone want to talk about the decision in the 49th minute to disallow the Australian try because of an earlier knock on?

So who knocked it on? I think the TMO made a hasty decision here and got it wrong.

Figure tip knock on at the back of the ruck

The officials had a good game until the last few minutes. Should have been a penalty to Scotland due to a late challenge. This would have ruled out the discussion on the final incident.

Craig joubert did not penalise the Australians for dropping the scrums on numerous occasions and Genia should have walked for killing the ball in the red zone. That is hardly good refereeing.

It's poor to say the least.

Craig Joubert is a disgrace.

Genia clearly did but the this is not going to change the mind some of who are posting here!

Wrong, yes he got the final penalty wrong! Mistakes happen but what were Scotland doing throwing long?

Scotland lost because they were not good enough and scored tries solely through outrageous Aussie mistakes. They do not create try scoring opportunities and the right team won.

An incident that is very relevant to the final minute decision:

In the 57th minute Scotland make a break down the left wing but turn it over. The ball goes to Ashley-Cooper who kicks the ball into the blue 3 (Nel), the ball bounces forward to blue 10 (Russell). The ref blows and awards a scrum to yellow. Here is what the ref then said: "Unintentional offside. So what happened was, got kicked into a blue player and then a blue player in front picked it up. Unintentional. Scrum. Into a blue player, blue player in front."

The final decision in the match is a penalty for what seems to be the same set of circumstances. There is certainly a question mark over whether the ball last touched a blue player but even if that is the case, doesn't that mean a scrum to yellow, same as the 57th minute decision? Is there a difference between the two scenarios that I am not appreciating?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is trolling or not........

There's a huge difference between being incompetent, making a mistake and cheating. Joubert likely falls somewhere in the first two categories, but calling someone a "cheat" requires a burden of proof that you cannot provide. You should retract the accusation unless you have something more to offer than baseless speculation.

Are you seriously suggesting that for no reason whatever Craig Joubert decided he'd prefer to send Australia through? Really?

Genia clearly did but the this is not going to change the mind some of who are posting here!
Well I looked at it several times from the close up angle from behind Genia and it wasn't at all clear that he knocked it on. But I had another look and there is a 2nd angle shown from wider on the right and yeah, he definitely did knock it on. My bad.

They could have pulled out. Craig Joubert is a cheat and the whole world knows it.
Mate I feel what your saying 100 per cent . We've been on the bad end of decisions as well. I know officials are not perfect and they are only human BUT there does seem to be a fair bit of bias towards SH teams. To sum up . The yellow he gave for the Scottish deliberate knock on was bollocking. You could see from the position of his hand that he made a genuine attempt to claim the ball ffs! He did not deliberately knock that ball on and it was a penalty at worse. The final decision to gift Australia a penalty and not go to check with the TMO - was disgraceful and cost Scotland the match plain and simple. You could see the aussie flicked the ball backwards with his fingertips. Joubert knew what was on the line. You check a call like that everytime plain and simple

what would the refs gain out of cheating?

it was a poor decision at the end but these things happen, Joubert could easily have given the penalty the other way at the scrum previous. if he was a cheat he wouldn't have given it to scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts