• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craig Joubert hangs up his whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that CJ missed a blatant offside that lead to France's try, so it wasn't all one way.

I like to think of CJ's performance in that match as a kind of "redressing of the balance" after Barnes shafted us in 2007 with what was undoubtedly the most inept test refereeing performance in the history of the professional game..Swings & Roundabouts, and karma can be a real *****.

The main thing is that CJ learned from that, and Barnes didn't. Barnes is still useless!

Bitter much babes?

It seems every discussion concerning a poor referee (and, or) performance comes back to the 2007 France vs New Zealand...

Last edited:
Bitter much babes?

It seems every discussion concerning a poor referee (and, or) performance comes back to the 2007 France vs New Zealand...

Right back at ya w.r.t. New Zealand v France in the 2011RWC final

And then then there is BOD in 2005.... bitter much?

ETA: Your countrymen also have issues with Barnes it seems

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/wales-ireland-scrum-analysis/17735

"The defining moment in another performance of obliviousness, cluelessness and apathy from Barnes towards the scrum was capped off in style with the final play of the game, where he found it in himself to reward Wales with a penalty at the set-piece, when there were any number of reasons why the penalty, or at the very least a turnover, should have gone the other way."

Last edited:
Good luck to him in his future endeavours. Must be I always got annoyed with him as I thought he wasn't consistent. Never thought he was biased but he definitely let games get away from him.

Bitter much babes?

Right back at ya w.r.t. New Zealand v France in the 2011RWC final

And then then there is BOD in 2005.... bitter much?

ETA: Your countrymen also have issues with Barnes it seems

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/wales-ireland-scrum-analysis/17735

"The defining moment in another performance of obliviousness, cluelessness and apathy from Barnes towards the scrum was capped off in style with the final play of the game, where he found it in himself to reward Wales with a penalty at the set-piece, when there were any number of reasons why the penalty, or at the very least a turnover, should have gone the other way."

Can we agree on this forum that no one can ever utter NZ v France 2007 or BOD being spear tackled in 2005? It's just dull now.

Back on topic. Good luck to Joubert in his new career and hope he can pick the next generation of refs who will take up his mantle and learn from mistakes made from him and past refs and raise the standards. That's all we can ask.

Can we agree on this forum that no one can ever utter NZ v France 2007 or BOD being spear tackled in 2005? It's just dull now.

Both being mentioned by the same individual

Back on topic. Good luck to Joubert in his new career and hope he can pick the next generation of refs who will take up his mantle and learn from mistakes made from him and past refs and raise the standards. That's all we can ask.

Am I right in saying that Joubert has been on the 7s circuit recently? I am sure I have watched someone who looks just like him and I've been quite impressed.

If we include NZ v France 2011, then yes.

Am I right in saying that Joubert has been on the 7s circuit recently? I am sure I have watched someone who looks just like him and I've been quite impressed.

Yes

Bitter much babes?

We suffered through his ****e in the Premiership, long before he ever got the chance to stuff up internationals.

He was a plank then and the first time we had the misfortune was at Gloucester and I've never heard so much vitriol from the usually-happy Exiles supporters (heck, were used to being strongly in the loss column, it isn't sour grapes). I think those vowelless chaps from across the Severn have even less liking for him than we do.
T
Every time it was announced that he was the ref, at every game I've attended, it has been met by moans and derision.

He even creates controversy running the line.

Best rid.

Last edited:
That's enough!

This thread was supposed to pay homage/tribute to one of the better referees in the professional era, who has reached the highest of honours a referee can achieve and you bitter lot just keep on bashing and bringing up incidents in which he wasn't involved with at all!!

I blame Smartcooky & Gavin for this because they kept, even after I requested everyone should stop with that nonsense.

Shame on you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts