• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crap Kits Cause Bankrupcy!

Sad, the 2007 kits really were a disaster, but they had some nice stuff before that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
All contracts with clubs had now been cancelled, KPMG said.

The clubs all now become unsecured creditors in relation to any money they are owed, it added.

Canterbury's businesses outside Europe are unaffected.

"The European business will continue to trade under the administration whilst we try to find a buyer for the business and assets," said KPMG partner David Costley-Wood.[/b]

Could have interesting implications. If I'm reading this correctly then Leinster dont have a kit anymore, having just released the new one last Monday.

Though according to some of the lads on Leinsterfans, this happened in South Africa too.

"when Canterbury SA hit the wall they weren't able to kit out all of their teams, the Cheetahs and the Lions ahd to get Gilbert Jerseys at short notice. The Sharks got their kit and I know the Boks got theirs too but don't know how that works."

A couple of years ago Newcastle ended up with off the shelf Nike kits because their deal with Cotton Traders turned sour at the last minute, we may see that sort of thing.

My bet is Adidas get the Irish lot, Wasps go with Nike.

IRFU already has a new deal with Puma for the international kits (god help us).

I'd like to see Scotland go with Addias or Nike...Though I can see it being Rhino or Kooga...

In fairness, I've been really impressed with the Rhino kits last season despite being initially sceptical.

Kooga on the other hand, they look nice but you need a body like Charles Atlas (with a pencil neck) for the bloody things to fit.

I found Koogas kits to be pretty decent, my scarlets 07/08 shirt runs a little larger than others

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jul 13 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
All contracts with clubs had now been cancelled, KPMG said.

The clubs all now become unsecured creditors in relation to any money they are owed, it added.

Canterbury's businesses outside Europe are unaffected.

"The European business will continue to trade under the administration whilst we try to find a buyer for the business and assets," said KPMG partner David Costley-Wood.[/b]

Could have interesting implications. If I'm reading this correctly then Leinster dont have a kit anymore, having just released the new one last Monday.
[/b][/quote]

A blessing in disguise if there ever was one!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jul 13 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd like to see Scotland go with Addias or Nike...Though I can see it being Rhino or Kooga...[/b]

Definately an Adidias kit if possible. I do like the adidas kits, and like the simple designs with the three white stripes down the shoulder. That would be sweet.

Wonder if the Blues will get a new one.
Not a big fan of the one they had last season <_< season before was way better. They shold bring black shorts back in too. It looks a lot better when they have balck shorts. More like the old Cardiff RFC kit.

I am sure I read somewhere that they were making kits on a "Made to measure" basis, in particular for Portsmouth FC, not sure about for rugby teams. Now that just sounds wrong to me, how important can it be to Rugby or Football players that their kit is made to measure? Or am I missing something. Surely this alone would be enough to make it difficult to stay profitable.

ISC, which supplied the kits for all of the Australian S14 teams went bust this year...

However, from next year the Wallabies and all of the Australian Super 14 teams will be going with Kooga...

I just hope they keep the Wallaby strip simple...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jul 15 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ISC, which supplied the kits for all of the Australian S14 teams went bust this year...

However, from next year the Wallabies and all of the Australian Super 14 teams will be going with Kooga...

I just hope they keep the Wallaby strip simple...[/b]

KooGa strips are very good, certainly always liked the ones they did for Edinburgh. The Osprey's shirts are nice too.

I see Scotland are no longer operating with Canterbury. The new strip launch for today at Troon was cancelled, and the deal is dead in the water. I'm hoping for Adidas, though I wonder if we might end up with Puma or Kooga or maybe even Under Armour. I just hope the SRU don't go for the first deal, as long as we have a kit for the Autumn tests - though I'm sure there are plenty of the current shirts still in stock. Certainly you can buy the test jerseys in great abundance still.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jul 13 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd like to see Scotland go with Addias or Nike...Though I can see it being Rhino or Kooga...[/b]
I wouldn't mind Rhino or Kooga either, Kooga being my first choice, followed by rhino or adidas. Wouldn't like nike as we'd end up looking like England or France.
Kooga & Rhino have done a good job with the Edinburgh kits in recent seasons, as well as Northampton Saints. Adidas are also good but becoming increasingly common and might be like all the caterbury (same top, different colour) formulae for each season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Jul 15 2009, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i wouldn't be surprised if underarmor gets a few teams[/b]

I can see this happening as well, they seem to be expanding now and Wales' kit isn't too bad..

Aye, I wear KooGa liquid pro stuff at Aberdeen and it's tight as hell. It's not very flattering when you're a 16.5st hooker!

Latest posts