• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Create a player

lucky number 7

International
Country Flag
Christmas Island
Club or Nation
Leinster
It was in previous games and i really enjoyed it and i would love to see it put into the new game ..with more options on facial features , hair , boots and other pieces of kit

if this means we can't have a manager mode due to money then we should'nt have it .

first and formost make the game fun to play with good mechanics ...then i would prefer create a player to an insanely in depth manager mode

The previous create a player I'm sorry to say was so very poor. Their heads were always larger than any other players, and their faces looked like some kind of mutant cave men. If a create a player is to be introduced, I would like it to look like any other player on the field, I shouldn't be able to tell them apart. If this is impossible due to money or time restraints, than I would rather not have a create-a-player.

This may sound mental, but ill give it a shot
When creating a player, what may add an extra play element to the game is an experience system
Like, say every skill has a max of 100
And there are (guessing) 10 skills that each player can have,
This would mean that you would need 1000 points to max a player
What if you were only given like 300 or so points to play with
and then by playing games (perhaps in its own game mode) you could either add earned points to stats, or like pro evo, the stats would increase on their own in relation to how much experience was gained.

Whether this game mode should just be the normal world league, or a new game mode where you only control the single player and not the rest of the team is a totally different discussion.

Rugby 2012 just has to have a Create A Player mode in it. I probably wouldn't buy the game if this wasn't included. I like to customise my gaming experience, so creating players is a big part of that for me. Not only do I usually create myself to play as, but I always make sure I create players that the developers forget, or that have come on the scene after the game's release. Its a pretty important part of the game for me, having the option to make new players myself.

I agree, somone always breaks through just after the games been released. For example Shane Geraghty wasnt properly done for 08 but he played for england in that six nations. I would really like it if you had a choice of boots like on fifa (and to be honest I doubt they would have to pay to use the boot models, as it is free advertising for nike, adidas etc) and underarmour also! Other than underarmour the accesories were pretty good on 06 and 08 anyway.

Nevermind the create a player, rather include live online roster updates.... That would be great!

Why is my post count dropping?

Last edited by a moderator:
online roster updates would be awesome!
also if they do start releasing updates you could get mabey expanded roster updates for certain leagues
so like insr=tead of having just a 30 man squad updated you could get like a 44 man squad for your league presume you wouls have to pay for this on xbox live

I think a create a player option/ edit team option is essential. Before you all jump down my throat hear me out! Im sure im like the rest of you and have been checking google daily for the past 2 years to see if a rugby game was coming out for ps3/xbox. When it was announced Rugby 2012 was coming I was over the moon. My concern is that this wont be a yearly release unlike the Fifa series of our over paid nancy boy cousins. I'm sure that the player depth for rugby 2012 will hopefully be fantastic, however in 1-2 years the teams will be out of date, and any new young players will not be included. A player creatre/ team edit option would enable us to update the squads. I'm not sure if everyone else is a sad as me! but i do like to create the new young breakthrough players and include him in the game. On the other hand Im not asking the developers to not devote all the time to getting fast, flowing, realistic gameplay. As I definately agree with the other posters that this has to primary, as anything else they include doesnt really matter as the game would be unplayable anyway!

Completely agree ryyounger, I do the exact same thing, and hope I would be able to do it with Rugby 2012 too. Well said :)

HAHAHA... i find it so funny how the only people who want a "create-a-player" mode are from countries who's teams suck at rugby!
Getting the game looking amazing, improving gameplay and a more in-depth manager mode would be way more beneficial to the game

<sarcasm>yeah, cause england and wales suck so bad, don't they?</sarcasm>

HAHAHA... i find it so funny how the only people who want a "create-a-player" mode are from countries who's teams suck at rugby!
Getting the game looking amazing, improving gameplay and a more in-depth manager mode would be way more beneficial to the game

Wow, you're a bit of a prat, aren't you?

Hahah i find it funny how you called yourself dan the man....how original....and how would create a player do any good to a nation that sucked...?

i agree with nick your a horrific prat

Dude, that was the funniest thing I've read all day. Congrats for making yourself a total laughing stock.

Hahah i find it funny how you called yourself dan the man....how original....and how would create a player do any good to a nation that sucked...?

i agree with nick your a horrific prat

you guys are way to serious!

It would help them cause they wouldn't have many good players from their own country to choose from.

Just trying to have a joke

Latest posts