• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Creating own Editor

H

Henry Penry

Is there anyone that can help me to make my own Rugby 08 editor. i've got alot of time so i can make a goood one just tell me or give me a link that has steps for making the editor.
plz guyz...

G

getofmeland

Whats the point when Woosaah's does the Job and it is a bloody good one??

E

Eternal Idol

You should know at very least to program in one language and to work with (binary) files.

H

Henry Penry

[/b]

ummmm i actually wana do my own 1... seems like you cannot read bru...

G

getofmeland

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

ummmm i actually wana do my own 1... seems like you cannot read bru... [/b][/quote]

Hey look no need to insult me, I asked why do you want to create one, when one already exists, that does the job... do you really think someone will release the code for it?? and also I doubt you will find a guide on the net, to be perfectly honest...

Also please stop of the txt spk cos it is actually against the forum rules... it doesn't take long to type a full sentence out, so please respect our rules...

W

woosaah

yeah i dont see the point :) you guys are actually getting a beta editor and hopefully inertia and I can get a really good one out. He has done an awesome job with what he has done so far.

Do you know any programming languages? if you do know a bit then go for it otherwise I say dont waste your time. Basically if you dont know any languages it will take you a LONG time to get it to go.

but if you think you can do a better job then go for it, as for tutorials, that would depend on what language you have to use.

B

BOKean

hey thats a great idea - i might invent a triangular wheel - i got plenty of time

E

Eternal Idol

Why not? If he want's to write his own editor let him TRY. Maybe I will try to write my own too.

Personally I don't think there's any wheel involved here, there are some projects/tools or whatever you want to call it that aren't Open Source so there's not a wheel except for the authors.

M

melon

If you have no programming experience, then you're in for a huge surprise.

If in fact, you are new to it, I suggest using one of the more user friendly 3G/early 4G languages, Visual Basic 6.0 or Visual Basic.NET

E

Eternal Idol

Actually is not so hard to write an editor once you decode the file format ...