• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket 2005

J

jimmy44

Guest
I've just bought cricket 2005 and so far I seriously regret it - it actually plays worse than 2004 which is quite an achievement! Some glitches I've noticed so far:

- when the ball is caught or stopped by any of the fielders there is a 'ball hits the stumps' sound. Very strange
- the bowling target circle is very unstable. It gitters all over the place making it very hard to target the stumps
- batting is too hard even on easy level and only cover drives seem to ever result in runs. A straight drive never goes more than a few yards
- fielders warp at lightening speed when chasing the ball. V unrealistic
- commentry is very flat and repetitive.
-pre-match view of the stadium is pathetic. The camera pans about three yards
- the overal gameplay speed is very slow
- shot selection is awkward, and often your player plays a completely different shot than the one you selected on the key pad
- graphics are nothing to write home about and I don't see much improvement from 2004

Final verdit: 4 out of 10 and....
HB STUDIOS NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN!
 
D

disco123

Guest
I have bought the game also and agree with all of the above in particular the super amazing fielding ...... only worthwhile bit is you can create a player and his stats are tracked .......
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
Originally posted by jimmy44@Jul 6 2005, 03:28 AM
I've just bought cricket 2005 and so far I seriously regret it - it actually plays worse than 2004 which is quite an achievement! Some glitches I've noticed so far:

- when the ball is caught or stopped by any of the fielders there is a 'ball hits the stumps' sound. Very strange
- the bowling target circle is very unstable. It gitters all over the place making it very hard to target the stumps
- batting is too hard even on easy level and only cover drives seem to ever result in runs. A straight drive never goes more than a few yards
- fielders warp at lightening speed when chasing the ball. V unrealistic
- commentry is very flat and repetitive.
-pre-match view of the stadium is pathetic. The camera pans about three yards
- the overal gameplay speed is very slow
- shot selection is awkward, and often your player plays a completely different shot than the one you selected on the key pad
- graphics are nothing to write home about and I don't see much improvement from 2004

Final verdit: 4 out of 10 and....
HB STUDIOS NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN!
what's wrong with you guys!!!???

You bought it!!!? WTF!!! Why? The BLIC cricket arrives (if you have ordered it) in about four weeks. I'm not even hiring EA. You guys are regulars in here, you've seen all the available information. You hear it is **** and then you buy it and THEN YOU COMPLAIN.

<


Please.

Most consumers never get that much information of forewarning or informed opinion...and you ignored it.
<


Jimmy 44 you were the one who tried to derail enthusiasm for rugby 2005 and swore you weren't going to even buy it and ****!! lol!!! haha! and then you buy the cricket!!

Well done on achieving the dictionary definition of irony. Big ups.

<


return it.
 
J

jimmy44

Guest
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 6 2005, 07:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 6 2005, 07:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Jul 6 2005, 03:28 AM
I've just bought cricket 2005 and so far I seriously regret it - it actually plays worse than 2004 which is quite an achievement! Some glitches I've noticed so far:

-  when the ball is caught or stopped by any of the fielders there is a 'ball hits the stumps' sound. Very strange
- the bowling target circle is very unstable. It gitters all over the place making it very hard to target the stumps
- batting is too hard even on easy level and only cover drives seem to ever result in runs. A straight drive never goes more than a few yards
- fielders warp at lightening speed when chasing the ball. V unrealistic
- commentry is very flat and repetitive.
-pre-match view of the stadium is pathetic. The camera pans about three yards
- the overal gameplay speed is very slow
- shot selection is awkward, and often your player plays a completely different shot than the one you selected on the key pad
- graphics are nothing to write home about and I don't see much improvement from 2004

Final verdit: 4 out of 10 and....
HB STUDIOS NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN!
what's wrong with you guys!!!???

You bought it!!!? WTF!!! Why? The BLIC cricket arrives (if you have ordered it) in about four weeks. I'm not even hiring EA. You guys are regulars in here, you've seen all the available information. You hear it is **** and then you buy it and THEN YOU COMPLAIN.

<


Please.

Most consumers never get that much information of forewarning or informed opinion...and you ignored it.
<


Jimmy 44 you were the one who tried to derail enthusiasm for rugby 2005 and swore you weren't going to even buy it and ****!! lol!!! haha! and then you buy the cricket!!

Well done on achieving the dictionary definition of irony. Big ups.

<


return it. [/b]
Grow up
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
Originally posted by jimmy44+Jul 7 2005, 03:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Jul 7 2005, 03:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los [email protected] 6 2005, 07:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Jul 6 2005, 03:28 AM
I've just bought cricket 2005 and so far I seriously regret it - it actually plays worse than 2004 which is quite an achievement! Some glitches I've noticed so far:

-  when the ball is caught or stopped by any of the fielders there is a 'ball hits the stumps' sound. Very strange
- the bowling target circle is very unstable. It gitters all over the place making it very hard to target the stumps
- batting is too hard even on easy level and only cover drives seem to ever result in runs. A straight drive never goes more than a few yards
- fielders warp at lightening speed when chasing the ball. V unrealistic
- commentry is very flat and repetitive.
-pre-match view of the stadium is pathetic. The camera pans about three yards
- the overal gameplay speed is very slow
- shot selection is awkward, and often your player plays a completely different shot than the one you selected on the key pad
- graphics are nothing to write home about and I don't see much improvement from 2004

Final verdit: 4 out of 10 and....
HB STUDIOS NEEDS TO BE CLOSED DOWN!

what's wrong with you guys!!!???

You bought it!!!? WTF!!! Why? The BLIC cricket arrives (if you have ordered it) in about four weeks. I'm not even hiring EA. You guys are regulars in here, you've seen all the available information. You hear it is **** and then you buy it and THEN YOU COMPLAIN.

<


Please.

Most consumers never get that much information of forewarning or informed opinion...and you ignored it.
<


Jimmy 44 you were the one who tried to derail enthusiasm for rugby 2005 and swore you weren't going to even buy it and ****!! lol!!! haha! and then you buy the cricket!!

Well done on achieving the dictionary definition of irony. Big ups.

<


return it.
Grow up [/b]
I was being tongue in cheek...but I see it was over your head.

...so i'll respond in kind...

You mean grow up like buying EA cricket 2005 without so much as hiring it. Yeah, no, that's really mature.
 
A

ak47

Guest
hey los he just wasted some good hard earned!

expect him to retaliate at anything

most dangerous person on earth is one with a brand new HB product

sorry Jimmy

condolences from all of us

now return it
<
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
It could be that Jimmy is like most of us, who love the sports of rugby and cricket so much that he couldn't wait for a better version to come out.

It's not wrong for him to complain that the company which has the official rights to his favourite sports, is making crap games.

At least he's basing his complaint on the product available this year, and therefore has a more valid opinion of that game than someone who didn't buy it.

Some of us have more money than brains and will probably buy it out of weakness for our fav. sports.
 
A

ak47

Guest
in 2004 yes

in 2005 no

we have 2 options

EA or BLIC's

its NOT a hard decision - its called impatients and $$ to burn, if u get EA.

I must admit it crossed my mind alot

Until the BLIC demo arrived

alot of $$ does not get in the way of common sense.........ignorrance and impatients gets in the way..........and punishment is handed down (EA being crap), for being so impatient, and ignorrant.

Bad Karma for buying EA

Not having a go at ya jimmy - but u were warned

we had 2 options this year, both released within 1 month apart (unlike the rugby)

either get both - greedy,
or take the smart approach.......try b4 buy
IMO the smartest approach is to stay clear of HB where possible....BLIC gives me that option that i have never had to excersice in the past - go Codies and Sworfish!!!!!
 
L

Los Lover

Guest
Originally posted by ak47@Jul 7 2005, 02:12 PM
in 2004 yes

in 2005 no

we have 2 options

EA or BLIC's

its NOT a hard decision - its called impatients and $$ to burn, if u get EA.

I must admit it crossed my mind alot

Until the BLIC demo arrived

alot of $$ does not get in the way of common sense.........ignorrance and impatients gets in the way..........and punishment is handed down (EA being crap), for being so impatient, and ignorrant.

Bad Karma for buying EA

Not having a go at ya jimmy - but u were warned

we had 2 options this year, both released within 1 month apart (unlike the rugby)

either get both - greedy,
or take the smart approach.......try b4 buy
IMO the smartest approach is to stay clear of HB where possible....BLIC gives me that option that i have never had to excersice in the past - go Codies and Sworfish!!!!!
you put it less harshly than me ak47...thanks mate.

sorry jimmy, but I was just flabbergasted someone with the info bought it. You can't hope against hope. And we sort of have a right in a way to be a little ****** off. We were making a point of not buying it so that they would stop ripping us off and step up to the plate after BLIC scored all the sales....but you are condoning their programming.

Yes AK47 it is impatience IMO too. I say a lesson learned, since its shortcomings were not trusted. Jimmy will know better next time.

If you LOVE cricket, like ak and I do for absolutley certain, you wouldn't want to play a game that barely represented it or captured it s fun and details would you? I personally don't consider the EA versions to even be cricket frankly. So not having it is no loss to me.

Actually, BLIC is the only cricket game coming out this year as far as I know. It's a ssimple as that. As consumers we have a responsibilty not to settle for ****, lest it be repetedly thrust upon us......hence Cricket 2002, 2004 and 2005......which, ironically, got progressively worse. Why? Cos you all bought it and said, oh that's fine EA...let me bend over while you f*** me up the arse.

What kind of an attitude is that. Bugger impatience, I just call it stupidity and ignorance.
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Whilst harsh, I see your point Los Lover and AK47, it is the only way to change EA's attitude.
If EA sell 80-90,000 copies and codemasters sell 600,000 , then and only then will they listen to their audience. Buying their game only continues our delay in waiting for an even average EA offering.
 
J

jimmy44

Guest
Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 7 2005, 03:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 7 2005, 03:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 7 2005, 02:12 PM
in 2004 yes

in 2005 no

we have 2 options

EA or BLIC's

its NOT a hard decision - its called impatients and $$ to burn, if u get EA.

I must admit it crossed my mind alot

Until the BLIC demo arrived

alot of $$ does not get in the way of common sense.........ignorrance and impatients gets in the way..........and punishment is handed down (EA being crap), for being so impatient, and ignorrant.

Bad Karma for buying EA

Not having a go at ya jimmy - but u were warned

we had 2 options this year, both released within 1 month apart (unlike the rugby)

either get both - greedy,
or take the smart approach.......try b4 buy
IMO the smartest approach is to stay clear of HB where possible....BLIC gives me that option that i have never had to excersice in the past - go Codies and Sworfish!!!!!
you put it less harshly than me ak47...thanks mate.

sorry jimmy, but I was just flabbergasted someone with the info bought it. You can't hope against hope. And we sort of have a right in a way to be a little ****** off. We were making a point of not buying it so that they would stop ripping us off and step up to the plate after BLIC scored all the sales....but you are condoning their programming.

Yes AK47 it is impatience IMO too. I say a lesson learned, since its shortcomings were not trusted. Jimmy will know better next time.

If you LOVE cricket, like ak and I do for absolutley certain, you wouldn't want to play a game that barely represented it or captured it s fun and details would you? I personally don't consider the EA versions to even be cricket frankly. So not having it is no loss to me.

Actually, BLIC is the only cricket game coming out this year as far as I know. It's a ssimple as that. As consumers we have a responsibilty not to settle for ****, lest it be repetedly thrust upon us......hence Cricket 2002, 2004 and 2005......which, ironically, got progressively worse. Why? Cos you all bought it and said, oh that's fine EA...let me bend over while you f*** me up the arse.

What kind of an attitude is that. Bugger impatience, I just call it stupidity and ignorance. [/b]
I bought it because I actually quite enjoyed cricket 2004 so - call me stupid - thought 2005 might be an improvement!

Luckily I am not too short of cash so I might be willing to risk buying an EA game, especially representing the sports I love so much! Anyway, i shouldn't need to explain why I bought the game, I can do what the hell I like!
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by jimmy44+Jul 8 2005, 04:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Jul 8 2005, 04:31 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los [email protected] 7 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 7 2005, 02:12 PM
in 2004 yes

in 2005 no

we have 2 options

EA or BLIC's

its NOT a hard decision - its called impatients and $$ to burn, if u get EA.

I must admit it crossed my mind alot

Until the BLIC demo arrived

alot of $$ does not get in the way of common sense.........ignorrance and impatients gets in the way..........and punishment is handed down (EA being crap), for being so impatient, and ignorrant.

Bad Karma for buying EA

Not having a go at ya jimmy - but u were warned

we had 2 options this year, both released within 1 month apart (unlike the rugby)

either get both - greedy,
or take the smart approach.......try b4 buy
IMO the smartest approach is to stay clear of HB where possible....BLIC gives me that option that i have never had to excersice in the past - go Codies and Sworfish!!!!!

you put it less harshly than me ak47...thanks mate.

sorry jimmy, but I was just flabbergasted someone with the info bought it. You can't hope against hope. And we sort of have a right in a way to be a little ****** off. We were making a point of not buying it so that they would stop ripping us off and step up to the plate after BLIC scored all the sales....but you are condoning their programming.

Yes AK47 it is impatience IMO too. I say a lesson learned, since its shortcomings were not trusted. Jimmy will know better next time.

If you LOVE cricket, like ak and I do for absolutley certain, you wouldn't want to play a game that barely represented it or captured it s fun and details would you? I personally don't consider the EA versions to even be cricket frankly. So not having it is no loss to me.

Actually, BLIC is the only cricket game coming out this year as far as I know. It's a ssimple as that. As consumers we have a responsibilty not to settle for ****, lest it be repetedly thrust upon us......hence Cricket 2002, 2004 and 2005......which, ironically, got progressively worse. Why? Cos you all bought it and said, oh that's fine EA...let me bend over while you f*** me up the arse.

What kind of an attitude is that. Bugger impatience, I just call it stupidity and ignorance.
I bought it because I actually quite enjoyed cricket 2004 so - call me stupid - thought 2005 might be an improvement!

Luckily I am not too short of cash so I might be willing to risk buying an EA game, especially representing the sports I love so much! Anyway, i shouldn't need to explain why I bought the game, I can do what the hell I like! [/b]
have u played BLIC's yet jimmy?

ur going to be one pig in mud

right at home, i cant see u going nuts

i love my cricket too............and BLICs delivers like no other cricket game
 
N

NZL Fan

Guest
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jul 7 2005, 05:52 PM
Whilst harsh, I see your point Los Lover and AK47, it is the only way to change EA's attitude.
If EA sell 80-90,000 copies and codemasters sell 600,000 , then and only then will they listen to their audience. Buying their game only continues our delay in waiting for an even average EA offering.
Yeah it really hacks me off when I read EA cricket 2005 posts from some of the cricket forums with people buying the game and then complaining about the product.........WHAT THE HELL!! Its almost worse then reading posts from people trying to convince themselves that cricket 2005 is a great game.

Like sheep they still buy the rubbish HB put out, even though they KNOW that again they will be disappointed..........I mean the bugs stretch to 12 pages already on planetcricket!!

Not only are most of the bugs from cricket 2004 still there(yorker bug, same old commentary bugs etc etc) but a whole lot more have been added (wides given off the pads, batters not grounding their bats, computer controlled fielders running at supersonic speed and materialising out of nowhere to make catches etc etc), PLUS the same bugs that appeared in rugby 2005 (thinking here about the inability to save facial features of your created players, also known as the "big nose problem").

HB studios need shutting down - they are a disgrace to the industry.
 
J

jimmy44

Guest
Originally posted by ak47+Jul 8 2005, 10:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 8 2005, 10:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2005, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Los [email protected] 7 2005, 03:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 7 2005, 02:12 PM
in 2004 yes

in 2005 no

we have 2 options

EA or BLIC's

its NOT a hard decision - its called impatients and $$ to burn, if u get EA.

I must admit it crossed my mind alot

Until the BLIC demo arrived

alot of $$ does not get in the way of common sense.........ignorrance and impatients gets in the way..........and punishment is handed down (EA being crap), for being so impatient, and ignorrant.

Bad Karma for buying EA

Not having a go at ya jimmy - but u were warned

we had 2 options this year, both released within 1 month apart (unlike the rugby)

either get both - greedy,
or take the smart approach.......try b4 buy
IMO the smartest approach is to stay clear of HB where possible....BLIC gives me that option that i have never had to excersice in the past - go Codies and Sworfish!!!!!

you put it less harshly than me ak47...thanks mate.

sorry jimmy, but I was just flabbergasted someone with the info bought it. You can't hope against hope. And we sort of have a right in a way to be a little ****** off. We were making a point of not buying it so that they would stop ripping us off and step up to the plate after BLIC scored all the sales....but you are condoning their programming.

Yes AK47 it is impatience IMO too. I say a lesson learned, since its shortcomings were not trusted. Jimmy will know better next time.

If you LOVE cricket, like ak and I do for absolutley certain, you wouldn't want to play a game that barely represented it or captured it s fun and details would you? I personally don't consider the EA versions to even be cricket frankly. So not having it is no loss to me.

Actually, BLIC is the only cricket game coming out this year as far as I know. It's a ssimple as that. As consumers we have a responsibilty not to settle for ****, lest it be repetedly thrust upon us......hence Cricket 2002, 2004 and 2005......which, ironically, got progressively worse. Why? Cos you all bought it and said, oh that's fine EA...let me bend over while you f*** me up the arse.

What kind of an attitude is that. Bugger impatience, I just call it stupidity and ignorance.

I bought it because I actually quite enjoyed cricket 2004 so - call me stupid - thought 2005 might be an improvement!

Luckily I am not too short of cash so I might be willing to risk buying an EA game, especially representing the sports I love so much! Anyway, i shouldn't need to explain why I bought the game, I can do what the hell I like!
have u played BLIC's yet jimmy?

ur going to be one pig in mud

right at home, i cant see u going nuts

i love my cricket too............and BLICs delivers like no other cricket game [/b]
Not yet but it does sound great - I've actually returned cricket 2005 to the shop and if BLIC is good I'll never go back to EA. (accept for madden and rugby or course!)

I guess you guys are right they have disappointed too many times. Just a pity there isn't more competiton for games like cricket and rugby. Thats the problem with a monopoly. It doesn't encourage progress!
 

Latest posts

Top