• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricketers playing rugby

T

ThemApples

Hey guys. I though it would make an interesting topic for my first post. If you had to pick a rugby team entirely composed of cricket players from your respective country, what would your team look like? Your thoughts please.

Hear is my South African cricketing XV

1: Jacques Kallis
2: Neil McKenzie
3: Graeme Smith
4: Morne Morkel
5: Dayle Steyn
6: Albie Morkel
7: Vaughn van Jaarsvelt
8: Hashim Amla
9: Mark Boucher
10: Herchelle Gibbs
11: L. Tsosobe
12: Ab. De Villiers
13: Wayne Parnell
14: Makaya Ntini
15: Jp. Duminy

I don't know why, but I reckon Black Cap Jeff Wilson would've made a handy All Black in his day... say, on the wing or at fullback.

cricket is even smaller than rugby in my country, i don't think there are enough players... :lol:
but welcome to the forums

Probably better to make it a World XV of cricketers from all time. No one country has enough players who'd make the switch well. I do get the feeling that Jeff Wilson would probably be captain of it though. Could see Jessie Ryder being very handy in the front row too, lol.

Glamorgan infamously play Rugby to warm up instead of Football like the English clubs do, although I can't see them making more than a front row, looknig at the size of most of their players. ;)

ummm well i dont know any welsh players apart from James Harris but even he's playing for England

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Sep 8 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't know why, but I reckon Black Cap Jeff Wilson would've made a handy All Black in his day... say, on the wing or at fullback.[/b]

Funny you say that, Jeff Wilson played for New Zealand in cricket and rugby :eek:

Victor Matfield played cricket for northern transvaal I think. Apparently a good bowler.

I've got the Celebrity Tsunami Appeal match American Samoa vs Samoa and it had former Rugby players, Soccer players and Cricket players it was just a fun game but still cool to watch. Noah Hickey former All Whites Soccer player, Dion Nash and Adam Parore former Cricket players and a host of other former Rugby stars like Christian Cullen, Frank Bunce, Jeff Wilson, Junior Tonu'u, Alama Ieremia and a whole bunch of others played.

Latest posts