Cronin commits to Connacht

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro12' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Jan 11, 2010.

1. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Good news for Connacht. I thought he'd be high on Munster's and Leinster's wishlists for the 2010/11 season.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Great news for Connacht. They need to keep players of Cronin's calibre at the province and hopefully bring in a few more like him. A big boost for whoever takes over after Bradley leaves.

You don't reckon Bradley leaving had anything to do with his decision actually?

4. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

One year contract though. Pretty much confirms that he plans on leaving after that year.

And that's when Fionn Carr and Ian Keatley's contracts run out too.

5. One year keeps his options open. It tells me that he harbours hope of a move to his native province in 2011 (replacing Jerry Flannery who's becoming quite injury prone) rather than a move to Leinster in 2010 which was a more likely destination.

If Connacht can also keep Fionn Carr and Ian Keatley for another year, bring Tiernan O'Halloran and Eoin Griffin through while adding some academy players from the other provinces (Ian Madigan, Dave Ryan, Scott Deasy, Peter O'Mahony, Shane Monahan, Eoin O'Malley, Ian Porter?), their new coach will have a decent base to work off.

6. Yea I think Cronin will give Connacht 1 year then he'll be back to Thomond Park

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!