• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cronin commits to Connacht

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://www.connachtrugby.ie/2010011182084/...its-to-connacht

Hooker Sean Cronin has extended his Connacht contract.
The 23-year old has signed a one-year contract extension.
Cronin joined Connacht in the summer of 2008 having spent three years in the Munster academy and he made his full international debut when introduced against Fiji in the autumn.
Connacht CEO Gerry Kelly said he was delighted that Cronin had committed to Connacht.
"It is very encouraging to see a young player come here and progress to be a full international inside a year and a half," said Kelly.[/b]
Good news for Connacht. I thought he'd be high on Munster's and Leinster's wishlists for the 2010/11 season.

Great news for Connacht. They need to keep players of Cronin's calibre at the province and hopefully bring in a few more like him. A big boost for whoever takes over after Bradley leaves.

You don't reckon Bradley leaving had anything to do with his decision actually?

One year contract though. Pretty much confirms that he plans on leaving after that year.

And that's when Fionn Carr and Ian Keatley's contracts run out too.

One year keeps his options open. It tells me that he harbours hope of a move to his native province in 2011 (replacing Jerry Flannery who's becoming quite injury prone) rather than a move to Leinster in 2010 which was a more likely destination.

If Connacht can also keep Fionn Carr and Ian Keatley for another year, bring Tiernan O'Halloran and Eoin Griffin through while adding some academy players from the other provinces (Ian Madigan, Dave Ryan, Scott Deasy, Peter O'Mahony, Shane Monahan, Eoin O'Malley, Ian Porter?), their new coach will have a decent base to work off.

Yea I think Cronin will give Connacht 1 year then he'll be back to Thomond Park

Latest posts