Crossing the whitewash

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by Titan, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Titan

Titan Guest

What are the try-scoring animations like for this game? Are there 2 or 3 different ones, or it it just a standard motion? Scoring a try is the prime objective in rugby, but I am yet to play a game which truly reflects this. Hopefully Rugby '06 will add something new to the mix.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. lazy_chesnut

lazy_chesnut Guest

Erm, how else can they "reflect" that the prime objective in rugby to score a try in any other way than giving you five points?

I apologise if you're not an English speaker and it got muddled in translation...

4. Titan

Titan Guest

Sorry, but I thought "try-scoring animations" was clear enough. I just wanted to know if there is one standard try move, or if there is a variation - in Rugby 2005 for instance it was always the same dive over the line. Can you bounce the ball in celebration after scoring a try, stay on your feet and touch down etc?

Hope that makes sense. [​IMG]

5. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Actually, there were multiple dives (plus 1 dot down) in rugby 2005.

6. Is there one where they just put it down? I can't think of any occasion where my player hasn't dived when scoring.

7. Titan

Titan Guest

Me neither. Didn't matter if I was 5 yards away from or 5 yards over the line.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Locksley posted a video of one before it came out.

I think the player needs to be standing still; Unfortunately when I try it I always get tackled.

9. Titan

Titan Guest

Sounds like an urban legend to me. [​IMG]

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Wanna bet?

I just recorded this for you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

(click the thumbnail for the video)

[​IMG]

11. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Guest

absolutely shocking defending !

12. Nice Saints kit though.

I compiled the list of numbers BTW, it took an age though. I'll make the numbers tomorrow night.

13. maddog79

maddog79 Guest

Great vid man [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Watch him, watch him!.......There u go"

I agree though, shite defending

14. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

15. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Yeah, but you have to stop to dot it down. I want one that puts the ball down whilst jogging or something... It would be handy to have, not just a cosmetic thing...

16. jared27

jared27 Guest

hahahahha that video post was awesome!

especially with the commentary.

17. locksley

locksley Guest

Yeah, you can do that in Rugby 2006

18. woosaah

woosaah Guest

wicked

19. frontline

frontline Guest

Prove it [​IMG] thats good we can now do that, instead of diving and getting out nice uniforms dirty when we score, we can just dot it down.

20. TheBokke

TheBokke Guest

[​IMG] Classic bud. I bet Lotradine & Air Ben will still argue the point of wether you can dot the ball down or not for ages [​IMG]

21. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Of course, I might have had a shandy or 2 last night... Not that you can tell in my voice or anything... [​IMG]

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!