• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders may play in london, against stormers

W

woosaah

The Crusaders could play a Super 14 rugby match against the Stormers in London next year if a South African initiative is approved.

Stormers chief executive Rob Wagner confirmed to a South African Sunday newspaper that they were studying an event organiser's proposal to move their 2008 home game against the Crusaders to Twickenham.

[/b]

rest of article here:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/3929587a1823.html

:D

what you guys think? i think it would be a good idea. Might get a decent crowd a twickenham as well.

what bou those purists like francis baron and co who insist its powder puff bla bla bla

What a great idea!!! I reckon it'd draw a huge crowd. There would be a dozen All Blacks and several Springboks playing if all players were available and utilised.

Purists like Francis Baron are at times absolute idiots. This would promote the game and be beneficial for all.

Well considering the amount of South Africans there are in London they shouldn't have any problem getting a fairly decent crowd for this one, but is this really a starter, it's not a short trip from Christchurch to London, even still it's not a short trip from Cape Town either.

Would smack of double standards though if both teams are willing to travel to London for a Super 14 match yet they won't consider Argentina in an expanded Tri Nations.

A cunning ploy by the Stormers to catch out the Crusaders with some jet-lag due to a bit more travelling than usual perhaps? Not that great a distance to travel for us Saffas, also similar time-zones, so should be good for the Stormers, also possibly gaining more revenue due to the Rand/Pound exchange rate? Don`t know how happy the Newlands faithful and season ticket-holders will be though.

Overall, I quite like the idea- spreading the rugby gospel etc, but would also prefer to have the Argies and a PI team in the Tri-nations though.

I'd go. Sounds like a splendid idea.

Sadly, I don't think a Sale vs Leicester match would get much of a crowd down under :D

I'd go. Sounds like a splendid idea.

Sadly, I don't think a Sale vs Leicester match would get much of a crowd down under :D
[/b]

haha i agree...i rkn a healthy crowd of 10 000

Meh, sounds like a stupid idea to me,the only people that will show up are expats and i doubt it'll do much good for the growth of the Super14.

Why dont they just give us what we all want to see, a World Club Challenge similar to what they have in league.

I reckon its a fantastic idea it will certainly give the Europe people a taste of Super 14 rugby it would be great if they could do the same send a club match over to us, Just to create interest on the other side of the world.

Seems rough on the home teams fans.. And you know it wouldn't happen for a Crusaders home game.. I think if they do that it should be a completely extra game..

I do wish we had a world league though, that would be so cool.

Seems rough on the home teams fans.. And you know it wouldn't happen for a Crusaders home game.. I think if they do that it should be a completely extra game..

I do wish we had a world league though, that would be so cool.
[/b]

Yeah, i think that's something we all wish to happen. However i can't see it happening anytime soon :(

Latest posts