• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders sign Aussie full-back Clinton Schifcofske

C

Cymro

That one sneaked under the radar. He used to be quality, we'll soon see if he's still got it but 34 is certainly veteran status.

How are the Crusaders shaping up? I see they've already won as many games this season as they did the whole of last season which is encouraging. Are things improving off the field too or are they still in financial dificulty?

Schifcofske didn't set the world alight for Ulster but he was playing in a very average team. Stupidly on Ulster's part, he was let go despite the club only having one other fit fullback in the squad. It came back to haunt them last weekend when Jamie Smith cried off injured forcing them to pick Simon Danielli out of position.

The Crusaders are a much improved outfit. They probably won't hang on but they currently lead at Bradford. Their crowds are up and I have heard no rumblings about their finances since they moved. Things looking good at the moment for them and not before time - it's franchise time next season.

Ye a good showing today lost 20-16 but made the Bulls think a bit!

Move is the best thing to happen in my opinion. North Wales is an untapped market for rugby and it seems that NW has taken to League.

But the club was given a franchise on the basis of promoting RL in South Wales. For the North Wales market, it's not exactly a million miles away to St Helens, Wigan, or Warrington. If it's a temporary move up North to keep the club alive I can't really complain but if it becomes a longer term switch I'm not going to be a happy bunny at all.

Its moving its games around Wales, personally I think having it in North Wales is the way forward. The amount of talent up there is untapped. The South Wales Scorpions are the feeder club for the Crusaders and any decent league players will be shifted up to the Crusaders if they are good enough.

Latest posts