• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders v Sharks - 7.35pm/Christchurch

S

Silver Arrow

Crusaders
15. Leon MacDonald 14. Kade Poki 13. Casey Laulala 12. Tim Bateman 11. Sean Maitland 10. Stephen Brett 9. Andrew Ellis 8. Nasi Manu 7. Richard McCaw 6. Kieran Read 5. Ali Williams 4. Brad Thorn 3. Greg Somerville 2. Corey Flynn 1. Ben Franks
Reserves: 16. Ti’i Paulo 17. Wyatt Crockett 18. Ross Filipo 19. George Whitelock 20. Kahn Fotuali’i 21. Hamish Gard 22. Caleb Ralph

Sharks
15 Stefan Terblanche, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Francois Steyn, 11 JP Pietersen, 10 Ruan Pienaar, 9 Rory Kockott, 8 Ryan Kankowski, 7 AJ Venter / Jean Deysel, 6 Jacques Botes, 5 Johann Muller © / AJ Venter, 4 Albert van den Burg, 3 BJ Botha, 2 Craig Burden, 1 Beast Mtawarira.
Reserves: 16 Skipper Badenhorst, 17 Jannie du Plessis, 18 Jean Deysel /Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Keegan Daniel, 20 Andries Strauss, 21 Henno Mentz, 22 Adrian Jacobs.

Final score: 18 - 10

The Crusaders are very lucky we don't have a proper kicker, we missed 3 penalties. I'm glad we played so well with so many of our vital players out injured. Pienaar looked good at 10 today. Again there were some over cooked kicks but his distrubution was superb. That bump off his knee that led to the last Crusaders try was just unlucky. Would of been nice to take atleast 1 point today, but NOOOO the Sharks like f***ing themselves over.

Yet again we didn't finish off our opportunities, penalty and try wise. Our forwards were awesome today but they need to calm down when we're near the tryline. Too many mistakes 5m out.

Kankowski hand off on McCaw was class, and so was his try. Deysel also made McCaw his *****.

Oh well, home game against the Cheetahs next week.

This is a good result for my two teams the Crusaders and the Chiefs. Actually the Hurricanes are probably even happier as now it has opened up the window for them (as well as opened up the window for the Stormers).

Kankowski surely must be the Springbok number eight of the future. So strong and so fast he can make a real impact and even be seen as an extra lineout option. I can see big things for this guy in the future.

It was quite a forgettable night for both teams due to the conditions. The Sharks must be happy to be going home at last from this part of the world....weather like tonight just makes the game look so messy.

Pity about the weather.. I was hoping the Crusaders would smash em :p Kankowski was great, thy should've got that first penalty shot over.

Yeah talk about the Sharks not taking their chances....though I suppose it all evens out from last years match in South Africa when they took their chances and beat the Crusaders in the last minute...when the Crusaders got greedy and went for the bonus point try after the whistle....some players got injured and lay on the ground...they turned it over....the Sharks ran it (well they had no choice being 6 points down) from their own half.....Ndugande or was it Bobo beat Scott Hamilton and scored in the corner.....then the conversion went over from the sideline and the Sharks had the victory....so last nights missing of their chances was kind of like karma....for the Chiefs supporters it was whether the Crusaders would allow the Sharks ANY points...which they didn't winning by 8.

The Crusaders are very lucky we don't have a proper kicker, we missed 3 penalties. I'm glad we played so well with so many of our vital players out injured. Pienaar looked good at 10 today. Again there were some over cooked kicks but his distrubution was superb. That bump off his knee that led to the last Crusaders try was just unlucky. Would of been nice to take atleast 1 point today, but NOOOO the Sharks like f***ing themselves over.

Yet again we didn't finish off our opportunities, penalty and try wise. Our forwards were awesome today but they need to calm down when we're near the tryline. Too many mistakes 5m out.

Kankowski hand off on McCaw was class, and so was his try. Deysel also made McCaw his *****.

[/b]

You failed to mention that DC or who they now call David Beckham of Rugby and Reuben Thorne. Brett was placed at 10 though he had a good game he wasnt entirely convincing. Bad handling with pienaar knocking the ball back to your goal line.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

You failed to mention that DC or who they now call David Beckham of Rugby and Reuben Thorne.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah what about them? They weren't there and had no influence

Latest posts