• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders v Waratahs

M

mackka

Well, the Crusaders certainly deserved the win tonight but were probably a bit lucky to get the bonus point. Not much razzle dazzle but some great continuity late in the second. They really showed tonight that they can win in any fashion and can adapt their gameplan according to how the match is being played. The Waratahs on the other hand need to learn that solid defense by itself won't win you many matches, especially when you completely drop off in the last 20 minutes. A couple of nice attacking plays but again they kicked away too much ball in good counter attacking positions (I keep getting the feeling that Mackenzie has successfully coached all the flair out of the Tahs backline.) Having said that, I would have liked to have seen the ref rule on some of the lineout throws. The Tahs were clearly dominant in that area and the Saders had a bunch of throws that were a mile wide. Not that it would have changed the result, but it would have given them a better shot.

Saw it coming, dont think any team will get close to beating the Saders, only threat is the Force who should've beaten them.

That first half was abysmal by both teams, I can't believe I managed to stay awake...

Mediocre fitness and nothing at all happening in the back line. They have the talent, but just can't put anything together. They're rarely deep, always bunched,and throw 50/50 passes at the face.

Loosies are carrying the team i'd say.

Even although the Crusaders took the 5 points they werent very impressive and a few teams will maybe fansy their chances, certainly more than a month ago. Sloppy skills and two lucky tries add to that the Tahs are fairly average then who knows, they may not dominate like we thought. The still won comfortably though...

Saw it coming, dont think any team will get close to beating the Saders, only threat is the Force who should've beaten them.
[/b]

Wrong. We should have beaten the Force by 20+, not by 6 or what ever it was. ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Wrong. We should have beaten the Force by 20+, not by 6 or what ever it was. ;)
[/b][/quote]
But you didn't....

Very average first half. I did have a feeling the Cursaders would pummel
Tahs in the last 20 minutes. I cant wait for the Hurricanes to waste the Crusaders :)

Latest posts