Crusaders vs Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by munross, Feb 27, 2009.

1. munross

munross Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Super14.com

Great win by Hurricanes, they played really well! Ma'a Nonu was superb in attack and Piri Weepu was also great in the no.10 jersey.Richie McCaw got another yellow card :p ,looks like the refs have finally opened their eyes :D . That try by Zac Guildford looked a bit dodgy though...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Boggle

Boggle Guest

Congratulations to the Hurricanes, you officially have a worse away kit than the Saders (who are in at a close second).

Fire whoever designed those things.

4. candybum

candybum Guest

Yeah whats up with the NZ teams having to wear their away strips when they play an away game when the colors of the jerseys don't clash? lol

Why was Zac Guildford's try dodgy?

Im liking Jarrod Payne aye such a smooth runner.

5. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Feb 27 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    A pet hate of mine in any sport. Are us fans too stupid too know which team is playing at home?

6. munross

munross Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Feb 27 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well it looked like his foot was out before he got the ball down properly

7. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Crusaders - Dan Carter - Robbie Deans = CRAP!

Seriously though, to see some counterattacking at the end was good, but overall, scrappy stuff from them. Not used to seeing so many handling errors and penalties from a class act like them. The Hurricanes deserved the victory, but quite frankly, i cant's see a NZ team winning this tournament if those are the best 2 sides they have to offer. It's going to either an Australian or South African team i think. The Sharks are my best bet, unless they choke. Waratahs are also looking very in-form. Even the Bulls are showing some of their 2007 stuff this year. Heck, we might even see the Sharks, Stormers AND the Bulls in the top 4!

*Stops thinking and hoping out loud...*

8. munross

munross Guest

Well lets just hope the Crusaders play this crappy and McCaw gets another yellow when the Stormers play them in the first game of their tour :D

9. Flux

Flux Guest

Well I'm just chuffed to see the Hurricanes playing semi-decent rugby again. It wasn't amazing rugby by any means, but if they're still picking up points and winning when they're not at their best then I'm happy.

Piri Weepu has to stay at 10. The backline actually looked like they had a clue with him there. I also thought Ellison was immense at fullback, especially when he decided to attack rather than kick.

Some of the kicking is still pretty aimless but at least there's not as much aimless kicking as before. There could be hope for the Hurricanes yet.

10. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

Yeah what a game aye too bad I work nightshift so I had to watch the replay of it but damn that Ma'a Nonu, all week I was baggin him talking about his defence and than he comes along and plays a awesome game like this.

Gees and what about those flippin Crusaders they lose and still manage to get 2 points out of it lol. I might have to pull a Friday sicky soon so I can go to a few games pretty sure I've got a few hours sick leave so that should take care of it.

Hope the Hurricanes can keep it up 2 wins in a row is not too bad this early on but it really only matters when it comes down to the later parts of the competition.

GO THE HURRICANES!!!!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!