TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_52037968_011441015-1.jpg

The Crystal Palace fan who was kicked by Eric Cantona in 1995 launched an unprovoked attack on the manager of a boys' football team, a court has heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12991359

It's alright, he'll get 120 days community service like Cantona...

The bloke is a known hooligan and thug.

Cantona should have received a ******* medal.

We studied this case in my Sports Law module recently because it is very good for both Criminal/Civil Law outside the area of play, and for provocative language.

Simmons genuinely argued in Court that all he had shouted to Cantona to make him launch into the crowd feet first was "Off, off, off! Go and get an early shower!", when in reality Cantona and several witnesses gave testimonies that his language aimed towards Cantona contained far more expletives than possible to state on these forums without getting banned! (I was actually quite shocked when my lecturer read it out!) That tied in with the fact he ran all the way down from his seat to the pitch-side to confront Cantona didn't really wash with his story.

Its a shame really because Cantona was stripped of his National Captaincy because of this, and never played for France again. I personally agree with Bullitt that Cantona should have been praised for giving this thug what he deserved.

And the classic video of the incident.

And some North American fan vs player incidents, classic NHL Boston Bruins enter the stands and spectator gets beaten with his own shoe,

And the most bizarre of all time, Malice at the Palace NBA style

Last edited by a moderator:
That last ones absolutely mad..... what the hell was fekin going on :O :O :O Never seen anything like it :O

Ron Artest is a tool. After that he got banned and missed 86 games for the Pacers, he lost $7m because of it and he was traded the next season to the Sacramento Kings.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I won't defend the twat who mouthed off in the first place, he was banned from the ground and never came back - but Cantona wasn't right to kick him and had no one to blame but himself when he got banned and rightly so. Footballers get dogs' abuse and they know it, its part and parcel of the game and while I can understand the temptation to lash out they're still tools (by and large) when they do.

And if he hadn't, and hadn't got that ban, then most likely the Palace fan who died at Villa Park back in 95 (I think) would still be alive. Bit more important than the rest of it.

God, following rugby more than football had nearly made me forget just how happy I would be if Manchester United were to go bust.

And if he hadn't, and hadn't got that ban, then most likely the Palace fan who died at Villa Park back in 95 (I think) would still be alive. Bit more important than the rest of it.
Cant blame cantona for the death ...Football holiganisim and a dickish knife culture is to blame ...its like saying had the assailants car broken down on the way to the match then the man he stabbed would be alive ...

Latest posts